My First Recording Check It Out!, is it decent quality?
bmh1109
Jan 28 2008, 05:33 AM
GMC:er
So i got really bored here at my house and got a bright idea, use my headphones mic to record some guitar into reaper. I thought i was gonna sound aweful but its not to shabby. Its me crappily playing some verse part from hammerfalls hearts on fire, if anyone's interested. Im mainly looking to hear whether you guys think this is halfway decent quality or not. Only thing i changed in reaper was to add stereo effect. Lead channel of marshall straight from guitar

Attached File  lead_channel_test.mp3 ( 732.6K ) Number of downloads: 233

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 28 2008, 05:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Sounds really good for a headphone mic! Wow tongue.gif Marshall sounds pretty good too but I think I hear what you mean about the "grainyness", but its still good so i like it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jan 28 2008, 05:38 AM
GMC:er
Its awesome for riffing stuff like that but its the solo sounds that keep the grainyness, granted its rather low volume level and can't really open up for recording with a headphone mic. Gain is on about 7 of 10 so its still got more to go and the deep switch and shift switch are both off.

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 28 2008, 10:59 PM
Instructor
nice sound man just less the drive little bit and surly you will got more pure record .but realy its nice

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:28 AM