Another Wrist Pain Question, its not that bad....
Ctodd
Sep 19 2008, 01:19 AM
GMC:er
hi,

I have been practicing Pavel's power Galloping ALOT recently, and aside from doing normal "slow" practice where I do everything perfectly while I gradually increase the tempo, I have started using the Speed trainer feature in GP5.

I am practicing this one section over and over, and each time the section repeats it gets bumped up 1-2 BPM. And during during this I start making small mistakes cuz I start to push myself real hard around the 85 BPM area. Anyway, my practice sessions it usually repeats about 15 times, and after this my left wrist (fretting hand) feels a little uncomfortable, I wouldnt really call it pain, but its pretty uncomfortable.... almost painful I would say. And the discomfort goes away pretty quickly (I usually stop playing after I do this workout) and after I stop playing, it goes away in about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway. Is this a problem? should I stop playing the moment I feel that discomfort? Could I just ignore this?

Sorry for making this explanation a little lengthy.

Thanks!

-Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ctodd
Sep 19 2008, 04:01 AM
GMC:er
Awesome guys, thanks.

The more I think about it... I think it is a combination of pushing myself too hard, and the angle that I am holding my hand at. I just started shifting my position around, and I think I have found something more comfortable. (I havent really put it through my whole practice routine though wink.gif )

thanks!

-Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:16 AM