14 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Song Composing Collaboration, ...YOU READY!!?
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 12 2007, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ballistic31 @ Sep 11 2007, 04:22 PM) *
hey marcus I dont know if we are going to need bass or not........but if need be i can do the bass track im all set up to do that.....I know the spot has been filled ..........just wanted to let you know if they pull out of the collab....I can do it

Ballistic,
I just talked to Otto (who signed up to play the bass). He says it's ok with him if you play the bass instead, because he's very busy right now and can't find the time for it. Can you figure out how to play it by ear, or do you need tabs or anything from me? smile.gif

-Marcus

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 9 2007, 01:07 AM) *
Hey Marcus, I'm not sure if all the slots are taken but if you need an extra solo anywhere I'd like to sign up - this is looking really great smile.gif

Hey Andrew,
I'm afraid all the main solo spots are taken, but I'd love to have a solo in the background at the last chorus. Do you wan't to give it a shot? smile.gif

-Marcus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 12 2007, 08:52 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (lavendell @ Sep 12 2007, 10:12 AM) *
Ballistic,
I just talked to Otto (who signed up to play the bass). He says it's ok with him if you play the bass instead, because he's very busy right now and can't find the time for it. Can you figure out how to play it by ear, or do you need tabs or anything from me? smile.gif
-Marcus
Hey Andrew,
I'm afraid all the main solo spots are taken, but I'd love to have a solo in the background at the last chorus. Do you wan't to give it a shot? smile.gif
-Marcus

Definitley - I'll get right on it - thanks smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 13 2007, 05:54 AM
Ok, here it is - I put some stuff in for the fadeout as well, feel free to mix it down if you don't like it.

If the solo is too busy for the end let me know and I can try something simpler ... I had a lot of fun with this, back to my pentatonic rocker roots smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Sep 13 2007, 05:54 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Are_You_Ready_Solo_Backing.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 224
Attached File  Are_You_Ready_Solo.mp3 ( 1.13MB ) Number of downloads: 247

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Jeff
Sep 13 2007, 10:43 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 12 2007, 11:54 PM) *
Ok, here it is - I put some stuff in for the fadeout as well, feel free to mix it down if you don't like it.

If the solo is too busy for the end let me know and I can try something simpler ... I had a lot of fun with this, back to my pentatonic rocker roots smile.gif

You nailed it Andrew. Excellent! smile.gif

+Quote Post
No Payne No Gain
Sep 13 2007, 11:20 AM
Andrew hey,
Its sounds great, the ending isn't too busy at all, it sounds cool, especially with the fade out. I like the fade out because to me it sounds like you could keep going and going with the solo, not saying that you can't smile.gif The riff is cool too and i like how you play your solo in the same "feel" dunno how to say it, not the key...the solo sounds like it fits and serves it's purpose. Guess all the theory can pay off after all.
Props

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 13 2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys smile.gif

First rule of fadeouts: Make it sound like you are just about to play the best thing ever, but it just faded out before it ... that way the audience begs for more !

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Sep 13 2007, 11:27 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 13 2007, 11:40 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 12 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Thanks guys smile.gif

First rule of fadeouts: Make it sound like you are just about to play the best thing ever, but it just faded out before it ... that way the audience begs for more !

laugh.gif

It's true. The ending reminded me of Fade to Black, honestly. Very cool!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 13 2007, 01:33 PM
QUOTE (jeff @ Sep 13 2007, 05:43 AM) *
You nailed it Andrew. Excellent! smile.gif

2nd that biggrin.gif
I really like your playing Andrew,you come up with some very nice leads.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 13 2007, 01:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Listening to it again, it's even better, astounding even tongue.gif Great job andrew! Can't wait to see how all of this is going to shape up and come together.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 13 2007, 07:13 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 13 2007, 08:35 AM) *
Listening to it again, it's even better, astounding even tongue.gif Great job andrew! Can't wait to see how all of this is going to shape up and come together.

Thanks guys, I'm embarrassed (and ashamed to admit that I don't know Fade to Black, but then that means my solo is more original right?)

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2007, 08:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maria @ Sep 8 2007, 06:39 PM) *
So I took the liberty to write and record a slightly cheesy verse tongue.gif

verse
Marcus Lavendell, David, Andrew Cockburn
Gabriel Leopardi, Pavel, Kristofer Dahl

chorus
Are you Ready
Ready to Roll
Are you Ready
to Get out of Control

[attachment=1677:attachment]

This song rocks!! It's very funny to hear my name in a song. I really like your voice and your style of singing! smile.gif

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 14 2007, 01:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 13 2007, 06:54 AM) *

Andrew, - PERFECT! (just as I expected) biggrin.gif

Here's the updated file with Kris & Maria's vocals as well:

Attached File  collab_v10.mp3 ( 4.24MB ) Number of downloads: 277

Let me know what you guys think!

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 14 2007, 01:35 AM
GMC Founder
Man now I am impressed!! blink.gif

What did you do with the vocals, did you tighten them up and pitched them? I got to know - this could save me valuable practicing time!! biggrin.gif

Who did the "yeah" before the "Out of control" - suited perfectly!

You have melted all contributions together into an awesome sounding tune - hats off to you! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Sep 14 2007, 03:22 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 13 2007, 07:35 PM) *

What did you do with the vocals, did you tighten then up and pitched them? I got to know - this could save me valuable practicing time!! biggrin.gif

You have melted all contributions together into an awesome sounding tune - hats off to you! laugh.gif

I do say this is great stuff. How it is evolving is amazing. A GMC signature hit.

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 13 2007, 01:13 PM) *
Thanks guys, I'm embarrassed (and ashamed to admit that I don't know Fade to Black, but then that means my solo is more original right?)

Well I did know those solos at a time in my life and these are pretty far away. So yes, very original.

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 14 2007, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Sep 14 2007, 02:21 AM) *

-Marcus

Just brilliant, I'm speechless, this has been an awesome ride, what a great way to end it! smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Jeff
Sep 14 2007, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Sep 13 2007, 07:21 PM) *

-Marcus

Excellent Marcus. I don't know how you do it man. This is really cool! smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 13 2007, 07:35 PM) *

What did you do with the vocals, did you tighten them up and pitched them? I got to know - this could save me valuable practicing time!! biggrin.gif

Kris, those are crazy vocals man! Really sounded cool!! biggrin.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 14 2007, 07:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 14 2007, 02:35 AM) *

Thanks Kris smile.gif

Yes, I did tighten it up a bit and I also pitched a few notes. biggrin.gif

I'm not sure about that "yeah", but I think it's the laughter I found on one of the tracks you sent me! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 14 2007, 07:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 14 2007, 07:06 PM) *
Just brilliant, I'm speechless, this has been an awesome ride, what a great way to end it! smile.gif

I'm glad you like it, Iluha! smile.gif

But it's not not quite finished yet. We still need those real drums, and bass. And I'd like some more guys to sing in the chorus smile.gif
I would also like to discuss the structure of the song. For example: Should we have that 2:nd chorus twice as long as the first chorus (as it is now). etc...

Any ideas are welcome!

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
visi0n
Sep 14 2007, 11:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
It sounds nice biggrin.gif enjoyed listening

Solo's were great !

This post has been edited by visi0n: Sep 14 2007, 11:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 15 2007, 02:03 AM
The Dark Canuck
Sounds awesome guys! Great work.....love the fade out by the way smile.gif

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:53 PM