Muse Question...
Zephyr
Sep 22 2007, 04:07 PM
GMC:er
I was wondering, does anyone happen to know what exactly the really "heavy" (can't think of a better word to describe it at the moment) part in the intro of Starlight is? I think that it might be a heavily distorted bass, but I'm not sure... anyways, I was just curious. Please let me know if you know what it is!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 22 2007, 04:41 PM
Lets go fishing!
I reckon its a Bass running through some sorta effects pedal?! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 22 2007, 06:04 PM
bass with a bass distortion pedal. look up Chris (bassist) on wikipedia i think they say what he uses.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Sep 25 2007, 06:07 AM
QUOTE (Asphyxia Feeling @ Sep 22 2007, 06:04 PM) *
bass with a bass distortion pedal. look up Chris (bassist) on wikipedia i think they say what he uses.

Apparently it's a Big Muff distortion pedal. There's plenty of distorted bass riffs on their earlier albums too. "Absolution" has some brilliant examples on it.

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 26 2007, 10:08 AM
QUOTE (Resurrection @ Sep 24 2007, 10:07 PM) *
Apparently it's a Big Muff distortion pedal. There's plenty of distorted bass riffs on their earlier albums too. "Absolution" has some brilliant examples on it.

agreed. "Absolution" has some of the best rock bass riffs i've ever heard laugh.gif

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:21 AM