Fingers
opeth.db
Sep 16 2008, 07:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Do you or did you ever have the feeling your fretting fingers will never do what you want them to do?

Its so discouraging at times to play the most simplistic of patterns. mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 16 2008, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
yes offcorse.....

What i do then is i play it slow a couple of times to make sure that my fingers are doind the right motion and then i speed it up

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Sep 16 2008, 07:56 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, that happens to me when I'm tired, i cant control my fingers properly laugh.gif

But there is nothing coffe can't do to fix that biggrin.gif
Well... Coffe and a bit more of concentration laugh.gif

+Quote Post
steve25
Sep 16 2008, 08:17 PM
When i was starting out and all i knew were a few chrods (D, E and A to be exact) i was introduced to a simple finger pattern which was just a chromatic scale ascending i think. Well, i couldn't do it! Even slowly i just couldn't play it i was so useless. But of course now, i could play something like that instantly

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 16 2008, 08:30 PM
Instructor
I have been playing for 24 years and I can still feel that sometimes. I think it's normal. Just takes time. When I manage to play something I couldn't do before, the next hard task is in front of me and that feeling is always present.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 16 2008, 08:36 PM
Ok good.

I'm doing the Pentatonic Workshop of Ivan's and I watching him do it and it looks so easy. I can do some patterns easily but other I struggle with.

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Sep 16 2008, 08:36 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 16 2008, 09:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
It always happens from time to time..Don't be discouraged..Just take it slowly or even day off and try tomorrow...With good concentration and practice you will make them do what you want! smile.gif
Also depending on the problem , you can try doing some exercises that will engage similar movements (also you can try some finger dexterity exercises).That way you'll get through that pattern in no time!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Sep 16 2008, 09:42 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 16 2008, 10:00 PM
its happening to me right now since im recovering it sux

This post has been edited by sigma7: Sep 16 2008, 10:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 17 2008, 02:17 AM
Just want to say thanks for the advise guys. I had a breeak through tonight and was able to do the patterns.

Slowly but able to get through them smile.gif

I think a lot of my problem is that I need to slow down. I keep wanting to speed things up and get to that next level quickly. Boy I wish I was there already. dry.gif

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Sep 17 2008, 02:17 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 17 2008, 03:23 AM
Instructor
You see, after a break it's better. A couple of days ago I wanted to smash my camera because I wasn't patient enough. I was recording lesson for GMC, not very difficult one, and I couldn't play it properly for 3 hours. Then I went to sleep and the first thing in the morning I picked up guitar and recorded it from the 1st take. It's good to make a break sometimes.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 17 2008, 04:18 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 16 2008, 09:23 PM) *
You see, after a break it's better. A couple of days ago I wanted to smash my camera because I wasn't patient enough. I was recording lesson for GMC, not very difficult one, and I couldn't play it properly for 3 hours. Then I went to sleep and the first thing in the morning I picked up guitar and recorded it from the 1st take. It's good to make a break sometimes.

If it was not difficult, how come it takes the former Shred champion of England (or is it Britain) 3 hours??????? I am pretty sure that all shed champions in that country can play pretty well.

It was hard Emir. Sure, not hard to just get though it and keep up. But to play songs like that, and play them near perfect (which you have to in a lesson), that is hard. Most stuff on this site is hard. Hard to play near perfect. Easy sometimes to just keep up.

Growing up listening to my sister play piano, difficult pieces, I heard all the imperfections. Maybe with backing tracks and drums non musicians miss things, but we don't.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:01 PM