Burned Out
Martin la guitar...
Oct 16 2008, 05:34 PM
GMC:er
OK, so i have one of these breakdowns or so called "burn out" now and its really boring. It feels like im not improving anymore.
The main reason for this is probably because i've been practicing the same 5 songs for a 2 months period, 4hours a day. it feels like it was only the first week that actually gave result.

The reason why I played such a long time with the same songs was because i wanted to play them perfect. And when im saying perfect i dont mean to play everything accurate, no, i mean to have the control. That you have the control in what you're doing and when playing something wrong you can continue with the song with no problem.

What should i do now?

Will i ever be able to play songs "Perfect"?

How can i play songs perfect (play them when i feel like or do i have to play them 2hours a day?)

Cheers smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Martin la guitarra: Oct 16 2008, 05:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 16 2008, 06:03 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Oct 16 2008, 06:34 PM) *
Will i ever be able to play songs "Perfect"?

How can i play songs perfect (play them when i feel like or do i have to play them 2hours a day?)

Cheers smile.gif

Yes you will!

But you need some variety, can't play the same songs all the time. You'll only end up where you are now. Try practicing some other songs and you well see that what you learn from the new songs will benefit you when going back to these old ones bothering you now.

And "perfect" doesn't mean "100 percent like the original", that would be boring huh, you want your own style.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 16 2008, 08:02 PM
Singing Instructor
Perfect means that you developed your own style,and you mastered the whole thing to the end.Try to change a bit your practice routine,take different songs,go trough scales...etc.I am shore you will be able to say one day that you played some thing perfect.Be patient.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 16 2008, 08:15 PM
Instructor
THe burn out can happen often if you continue to push the same material over and over. It's logical that after 5 months you don't see improvement - you were practicing only 5 songs mate! Try to broaden up your sessions a bit, learn something fresh. Don't worry about those songs, you will advance with songs even when you are not practicing them directly. Brain needs some time off to settle your muscle memory a bit, and during your breaks you do just that. Also if you practice other techniques, that may help you to play your songs indirectly. I also wanted hard to play some songs and when I saw I can't play them at the moment, I left them aside, and started working on other interesting stuff. There are tons of interesting things that you can practice. So after a while, you can come back to songs, and start working on them again, when you feel you advanced a bit.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 17 2008, 12:15 AM
Instructor
Spice up your practice routine as much as possible. This will keep things fresh and interesting always.

Some areas to think about

- Technique
- Song writing
- Recording
- Repertoire
- Ear training
- Theory and harmony
etc

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:20 PM