Friend Bought Carvin Jason Becker Model
Mertay
Nov 22 2017, 04:02 PM
GMC:er

My luthier bought one from one of his customers, he said it will stay in the shop all the time so I didn't rush to plug it to an amp as he was working on stuff.

First of all its very heavy! not even close to typical ibanez or charvel weight more towards LP weight. The neck is chunky like the thicker Charvel necks, but a bit more rounded feel to it. The guitar could be considered neck heavy, it stays balanced on lap but almost barely.

The guitar was used and had dings but it was easy to notice the quality, the flame maple fretboard is really cool. I'll post again when I play it with an amp.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 22 2017, 04:19 PM
Very cool! smile.gif Those are nice guitars to be sure. They are known for their sustain which is related to the use of very nice, heavy woods. The top on it is just beautiful. Even though he was a legendary "Shredder", his guitars have always felt more "Vintage" to me than modern. They have great tone and sustain, run a bit heavy, a bit chunky, but look like a modern shred axe. Even his "NUMBERS" guitar is the same way. Marty's guitar from that era is similar in those respects Looks a pinch faster than it plays, but plays well and sounds great smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 22 2017, 07:22 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Nice! It looks a lot like the DC 400 I recently picked up. Conversely, mine is very light. Maybe lighter than my Prestige RG.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=752079

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 22 2017, 09:28 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 22 2017, 06:22 PM) *
Nice! It looks a lot like the DC 400 I recently picked up. Conversely, mine is very light. Maybe lighter than my Prestige RG.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=752079

Yeah seems there are a lot of similaritys like the body shape and the electronics. I'm very curious on the pickups and electronics to try myself smile.gif

My luthier gets to fix and play with amazing guitars, since he very rarely busys guitars for himself (not to be sold to other customers) I'm confident I'll like the guitar even more through an amp smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 23 2017, 09:43 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 22 2017, 12:28 PM) *
Yeah seems there are a lot of similaritys like the body shape and the electronics. I'm very curious on the pickups and electronics to try myself smile.gif

My luthier gets to fix and play with amazing guitars, since he very rarely busys guitars for himself (not to be sold to other customers) I'm confident I'll like the guitar even more through an amp smile.gif

It looks like it may have different pickups than my Dc 400. It appears the pickups on the JB 200 may be passive only whereas the the Dc 400 can be switched from passive to active via a push pull volume POT. Other than that they both have coil splits for each individual pickup and a phase switch.
I am thinking you will like it. I know I am very happy with the way mine feels and sounds. It's very versatile.

https://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/jb200c

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Nov 23 2017, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 23 2017, 10:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm still wanting to someday own one of the "numbers" model.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2017, 06:23 AM
Me too smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 23 2017, 05:17 PM) *
I'm still wanting to someday own one of the "numbers" model.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 24 2017, 07:39 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 23 2017, 08:43 PM) *

Not sure about pickups but the elektronics on the guitar are the same.

The guitar might be ordered by the original owner with them as an option as Carvin (Kiesel now) would do almost any customization over the standard. Or maybe it was standard when Carvin did it but Kiesel descided to make it optional.

To me its understandable cause aside the expense of the extra electroniics, soldering it is considerable labor too.

This is the link to my luthiers facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/CenkerMuzik/ the gallery of the guitars he worked is very nice also there can be seen an original JB numbers guitar wink.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 24 2017, 07:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 25 2017, 06:00 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
So many beautiful instruments! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:33 PM