9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Back To The 80s Collaboration, Instructor/students Video
Todd Simpson
May 3 2014, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
I didn't think the anything would touch the pro tone either. The pro tone is still more flexible due to the diode switch, but in the position I used the switch, the tube drive I'm using now actually has more attack and sounds a pinch beefier. I don't know what kind of bits they use inside this thing but it must be nice bits as the results are quite spiff. It does remind me of an old tube screamer, which is what I liked about the pro tone. But some how it's a bit more aggressive and cuts through the mix a bit better smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 2 2014, 05:13 AM) *
Wow, that sounds great man smile.gif

To be honest, I didn't think it would be that easy to replace the Pro Tone pedal, but unfortunately, it's hard for me to make a statement based on what I heard from other folks.

Out of what I have tried so far, I liked the Shiba Drive and the MXR Zakk Wylde best of all. The TS 808, that one was interesting, but somehow it didn't deliver the punch that the Zakk Wilde has. Notorious little fella biggrin.gif

I used the TUBE DRIVE pedal and the fuhrmann NOISE GATE pedal going in to OVERLOUD TH2. I used a double wah in the patch, two "auto wah" pedals smile.gif One at the head and back of the pedal chain. Here is the patch for download!

Attached File  DoubleWah279.xml.zip ( 3.19K ) Number of downloads: 131

Attached Image

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 3 2014, 01:23 PM) *
Great solo and tone mate! You used the tube drive, and what else did you use to record it?

Fantastic take Deleted! IT sounds killer. Thanks for joining!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 3 2014, 06:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
May 3 2014, 07:11 PM
Some awesome soloing going on here. The backing track is 80s to the core, reminds me of this...

And I remember LoverBoy being my favorite band in 9th grade, thinking they had it all, until I heard my first dose of Randy Rhoads playing Crazy Train - that single point in history changed my mind about music.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2014, 08:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 3 2014, 02:47 PM) *
I used the TUBE DRIVE pedal and the fuhrmann NOISE GATE pedal going in to OVERLOUD TH2. I used a double wah in the patch, two "auto wah" pedals smile.gif One at the head and back of the pedal chain. Here is the patch for download!

Attached File  DoubleWah279.xml.zip ( 3.19K ) Number of downloads: 131

Attached Image

Interesting! I'm now starting to experiment with amp emulator plug gins, and the next step will be to try my two Tube Screamer emulators (visual sound Jekyll & hide and joyo overdrive) as preamps to see how the sound changes, if it's improved or not.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dizzyzack
May 4 2014, 12:07 AM
Could I get some feedback? I think I might do a few more before I send in my final one.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Back_To_Eighties_Take1.mp3 ( 860.71K ) Number of downloads: 181

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2014, 09:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Deleted @ May 3 2014, 04:29 PM) *

Hey man, I see you are exploiting that SE very nicely! Good one! Never took the tremolo so far as to dive bomb with it, but then again, I am not a big fan of that technique anymore tongue.gif

QUOTE (Dizzyzack @ May 3 2014, 11:07 PM) *
Could I get some feedback? I think I might do a few more before I send in my final one.

Hey mate! Killer player here - you have nice technique and chops! You could arrange the licks a bit more in the final take, in order to have a clearer direction in the take - there are moments, especially towards the ending in which you are a bit static smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ May 3 2014, 06:11 PM) *
Some awesome soloing going on here. The backing track is 80s to the core, reminds me of this...

And I remember LoverBoy being my favorite band in 9th grade, thinking they had it all, until I heard my first dose of Randy Rhoads playing Crazy Train - that single point in history changed my mind about music.

How could one dress like that dude in the black balet suit?... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 3 2014, 05:47 PM) *
I didn't think the anything would touch the pro tone either. The pro tone is still more flexible due to the diode switch, but in the position I used the switch, the tube drive I'm using now actually has more attack and sounds a pinch beefier. I don't know what kind of bits they use inside this thing but it must be nice bits as the results are quite spiff. It does remind me of an old tube screamer, which is what I liked about the pro tone. But some how it's a bit more aggressive and cuts through the mix a bit better smile.gif

Well Todd - if it does the trick for ya, it's all good then wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
May 4 2014, 10:33 AM
Instructor
Wow, great entries here. I'm so happy that my backing track inspired you so much!
@Jeroen, Thx for mentioning me in your video! Cool!!!
@Todd, killer licks!!!

I gonna record my part in a few days too. Will be fun… :-D

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2014, 08:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ May 4 2014, 09:33 AM) *
Wow, great entries here. I'm so happy that my backing track inspired you so much!
@Jeroen, Thx for mentioning me in your video! Cool!!!
@Todd, killer licks!!!

I gonna record my part in a few days too. Will be fun… :-D

Oh! Guido - you are in as well! Awesome! Welcome, welcome!

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
May 4 2014, 08:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 4 2014, 07:37 PM) *
Oh! Guido - you are in as well! Awesome! Welcome, welcome!

many thx, Cosmin!!! ;-)
I'll try my best. :-D

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 4 2014, 10:07 PM
Sounding pretty cool. I think you have a lot of great runs. I would maybe rearrange some sections. When I think of a lot of 80s solos, they usually happen in similar fashions.

Come out guns a blazen
Show off with some pinch harmonics/dive bomb/cool noisy stuff
A good melodic memorable part
Then throw your fastest most impressive part on the way out.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Dizzyzack @ May 3 2014, 11:07 PM) *

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2014, 02:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 4 2014, 09:07 PM) *
Sounding pretty cool. I think you have a lot of great runs. I would maybe rearrange some sections. When I think of a lot of 80s solos, they usually happen in similar fashions.

Come out guns a blazen

Hehe smile.gif why not join the collab as well, mate? We'd love to have you onboard as well!

QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ May 4 2014, 07:47 PM) *
many thx, Cosmin!!! ;-)
I'll try my best. :-D

I'm sure you will biggrin.gif and I expect awesomeness in a little video wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 5 2014, 05:49 PM
That's it exactly smile.gif I used that overall for structuring my own solo. With a few tweaks that pretty much covers what I played. Great breakdown of 80s solo structure!

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 4 2014, 05:07 PM) *

Come out guns a blazen

Don't forget to try using a REAL overdrive pedal after your guitar and before the emulator smile.gif

No matter what I've tried, even stacking emulators, they all sound better when being hit with some cleanish boost from a real pedal as "preamp" smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 3 2014, 03:18 PM) *
Interesting! I'm now starting to experiment with amp emulator plug gins, and the next step will be to try my two Tube Screamer emulators (visual sound Jekyll & hide and joyo overdrive) as preamps to see how the sound changes, if it's improved or not.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 5 2014, 05:52 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 4 2014, 09:01 AM) *
How could one dress like that dude in the black balet suit?... laugh.gif

You know that that's John Claude Van Damme, right??
ohmy.gif
Seriously!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2014, 08:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 5 2014, 04:52 PM) *
You know that that's John Claude Van Damme, right??
ohmy.gif
Seriously!!

Sweet Lord... I was too stunned by the black tights to even notice... now I can't look at him again like he s a great action movie star laugh.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
May 6 2014, 01:04 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey GMC, here's my take. Again, great track Guido!

Cosmin, I'll PM all of the files over to you tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2014, 02:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ May 5 2014, 09:04 PM) *

heheh that's a killer solo Greg! Thanks for joining this one. The backing is very inspiring and this is making everybody provide top quality takes!

QUOTE (Dizzyzack @ May 3 2014, 08:07 PM) *

Hi friend! There are many great licks and ideas there. There are also some lines near the end that are a bit undefined. I would mark those small parts that aren't strong and replace them with new ideas. I also think that your tone could be better. Your guitar is a bit weak and without body (bass mids). What are you using for your guitar sound?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 6 2014, 11:19 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (gregc1 @ May 6 2014, 12:04 AM) *

This solo rocks, Greg! Really like that sliding/bending lick around :30. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2014, 12:22 PM
Instructor

Very nice mate! I will be looking forward to receiving them smile.gif Thank you!

+Quote Post
gregc1
May 6 2014, 02:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thank you guys wink.gif

Looking forward to hearing what everybody else comes up with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Huargo
May 6 2014, 02:22 PM
Tone Seeker

Brilliant! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
May 6 2014, 11:38 PM
You guys were baiting me with the 80's again.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvpcvjlm3uai7ww/B...80s_Collab3.mp3

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:24 AM