2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Guitarists And Lyrics, How much attention we pay to writing and understanding lyrics?
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2011, 12:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 5 2011, 11:27 PM) *
Lyrics are essential in every way to me. To me, music is taking poetry and adding music on top of the poem, as a generalization (and in such cases that it applies). A good story, a personal experience, or whatever the lyrics are, it only ever matters what you get from it. The lyrics could be about this and that, but you might get from it something else, something that means a lot to you.

To me, saying lyrics don't matter is degrading a singer in a way. The most unique thing about a singer is that its the only musical instrument that can speak a language. And when you see music as a universal language (which I do), it adds an extremely intimate and personal element to an already amazing element of life and nature.

Very well said! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2011, 02:53 AM
Instructor
Yeah, good lyrics are very important, and I think most honest lyrics are the best ones. Any topic can be good, but those lyrics that have many emotions in them, people tend to relate to them the most I guess.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:50 PM