Hi , Guys From Singapore
hidehidehide
Jul 16 2011, 09:21 AM
GMC:er
hey guys, new to this place just signed up and stuff smile.gif like it here very nice and helpful environment.. hope to learn more from u all
thanks for having me smile.gif

anyway anyone got some tips on what i should be going at?
been playing for 4 moths to 6 months average about nearly 5 hrs a day
ive been doing tons of scaling recently
like the G major scale
and stuff honestly i have no idea where to progress in..
do i just keep practicing theses scales? and trying to cover songs?
need some advice smile.gif thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
maharzan
Jul 16 2011, 10:04 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Welcome buddy. smile.gif

Try some lessons. I think you could start by searching for major scale lessons and start from low level ones. When you do a lesson, study how they are phrased so you can apply them on your own songs too later. Doing covers, learning by ear is the best way to go ahead to build a library of licks which you can tweak and use it in your own style later on. smile.gif

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
zen
Jul 16 2011, 10:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
welcome. what kindda music do you like?
4 months in .. I'd say learn some songs. It'll motivate you more and keep you on track wink.gif
Set some goals..

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
hidehidehide
Jul 16 2011, 10:20 AM
QUOTE (zen @ Jul 16 2011, 09:06 AM) *
welcome. what kindda music do you like?
4 months in .. I'd say learn some songs. It'll motivate you more and keep you on track wink.gif
Set some goals..

i prefer the stuff more on metal , as well as rock. smile.gif yah alright thanks guys for the help

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jul 16 2011, 11:09 AM
Yep, learn some easy songs that you love. You need to give yourself a reason to play the guitar, to enjoy it.

When you run into problems with a song, post a topic here and we'll help out.

PS Practice to a metronome.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
hidehidehide
Jul 16 2011, 11:19 AM
QUOTE (dark dude @ Jul 16 2011, 10:09 AM) *
Yep, learn some easy songs that you love. You need to give yourself a reason to play the guitar, to enjoy it.

When you run into problems with a song, post a topic here and we'll help out.

PS Practice to a metronome.

thanks dark dude been alot of help to me smile.gif cheers

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 16 2011, 11:32 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC wink.gif

I suggest you check some of Lian's metal lessons, there are some easy and beginner-oriented ones among them.

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 16 2011, 12:38 PM
Instructor
Hi and welcome to GMC ! smile.gif

The guys have said the same things I would have said which is to choose things that inspire you. As guitarists we are always learning and in order to stay motivated and prevent getting bored it is crucial to have a big enjoyment factor in our practice.. so allow yourself to spend time learning metal and rock songs and lessons.

Gitarrero just mentioned Lian which is a good recommendation.. he has loads of lessons based on different genres of metal..

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Lian-Gerbino/

Scales and theory are important but they only become useful when you know why you're learning them.. when you're forging your skill in something new, it's more important to just play and hone your rhythm ability and chord changes etc.. do something first and then learn how you did it later smile.gif

+Quote Post
hidehidehide
Jul 17 2011, 04:23 AM
ALRITE! thanks everyone real great help . smile.gif thanks for all the help

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 17 2011, 05:58 AM
Welcome to GMC \m/

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
Jul 17 2011, 06:50 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey buddy, welcome welcome...
you can find almost anything in this site. we practise tons of lessons and make discussions in the forum. hope to see you around from now on

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 17 2011, 04:40 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC, hide ! Yeah, if you like G major scale then definitely you like E minor too ! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 18 2011, 05:49 AM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jul 17 2011, 04:40 PM) *
Welcome to GMC, hide ! Yeah, if you like G major scale then definitely you like E minor too ! wink.gif

biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 18 2011, 08:31 AM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man! smile.gif

Don't worry, all the things you practice will be very helpful to you later on, just so you know that you are not wasting time learning something non-important. Everything is important! smile.gif

I would advise that you work a bit on the pentatonic scale, if you are into G major scale atm, you could do G major pentatonic boxes over that particular pattern, so you realize the connection between G major and G major pentatonic. Try to learn some theory too. If you are learning G major scale on the neck, it might be a good idea to understand what is a major scale and how to use it!

Start by learning what is a major scale, what are intervals within the scale (spaces between the notes), learn G major key, and learn where the notes are on the fretboard. All this knowledge will be very important later on.

I suggest not spending more than 10-20 mins per day for this tho. For other things to practice, I recommend arpeggios, chords, songwriting, bending, vibrato etc.

Use the search option on GMC, and try to find some interesting lessons. We have tons of lessons that are updated all the time, and cover lots and lots of styles and areas. If you need help along the way, or help creating a practice routine, just let us know! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2011, 11:22 AM
Instructor
Hey there! Welcome to GMC!

On top of the advice given by everyone (which is very good - if you extract the essence out of everyone's words, you could already have a little practice do's and don'ts biggrin.gif) I would only add that, once you master something (a scale, arpeggio, chord progression) you should record yourself and listen to the recording the second day - if you like the way it sounds, you can move on, if not, record until it's perfect and you can feel comfortable with sharing your recording with others. In time, you'll realize that you have become a very good and detail attentive player that can perform his things well interpreted and accurate! Cheers and if you need to ask anything, please go ahead wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2011, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Hey man!! Welcome to the site! It has been difficult to me to pronounce your nickname at the Videochat! laugh.gif
It is ok if you start learning some covers to see how the scales are applied.
Enjoy the site!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 19 2011, 07:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey man, welcome to GMC smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:09 PM