2 New Mastering Eq Plug-ins
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 4 2010, 11:52 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sonoris have just released two new EQs, the SMEQ a Mastering EQ, and the SPEQ a Parallel EQ. Both are vst plug-ins.

I think the SMEQ costs 250 Euros and the SPEQ is 200 (don't quote me on that as I paid a different price as a beta-tester).

The SMEQ

The SPEQ is a 7 band parallel MP EQ so all the EQ filters sit alongside each other rather than in series. Basically if you boost 3dB at 250 Hz and again boost 5dB at 260Hz the two only increase by 5 dB each. In a more normal series the two can affect each other so that you end up with a different amount of gain/attenuation that you wanted. Some other nice features: the graphical interface is scalable, right click it and you zoom in/out on the display up to 3 times. Correct, clean filtering up to 22 kHz (and beyond actually). Controls are full point and click type - click on the graph and you can drag an eq filter to change the Q, band, gain... You can automate the EQ. Sound quality is up there with an Algorhymix Blue IMHO. (A Blue would cost about 1000Euros)

The SMEQ is again a 7 band EQ. Here you can select between MP and LP and for LP you can also select the quality. There's a full MSLRC matrix. It uses IIR rather than FIR filtering - the only other LP/Digital EQ that does AFAIK is the Weiss and that cost about 5000 Euros - so has a more analogue character than a lot of vst and digital EQs. Graphical interface same as SPEQ. Sound reminds me of a cross between Algo Orange but more analogue like a Blue but without having a 'character'.

Been testing these for a while now and I would highly recommend to anyone who masters audio.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- tonymiro   2 New Mastering Eq Plug-ins   Sep 4 2010, 11:52 AM
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:35 PM