Camera / Camcorder, I need something proper, to capture my video
Marek Rojewski
Oct 10 2016, 09:53 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi fellow GMC'ers. I tried to search the archives of GMC for topics about cameras/camcorders used to record proper video, but most of what I've found was 3-5 years old, and I guess the situation changed quite much since then.

After my old camera died, I've recorded few REC takes with my smartphone and in-build laptop webcam. I can notice that the quality of my videos dropped, and considering in few months I'll be able to set up a better place to practice guitar and record my takes, it is time to look for a better device for capturing video.

Do you have any recommendations?

From what I see most people use "normal cameras" that in the past were used for taking photos, and nowadays have option to also record video. Is this the easiest/normal way? I am probably wrong, but when I look upon a camera, I think about photos not video huh.gif

My budget is up to 300-500$ but I would rather spend way less if it is possible. I don't plan on taking my camera outside, its sole role will be to record me in my room, on a black canvas background with proper lights set up.

Probably a quality of 720HD would be enough, but maybe I am wrong, and should aim at 1080HD already?

I'm counting on you! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:51 PM