Quick Licks #90 - One Handed Legato Shred
Todd Simpson
Jul 27 2019, 10:30 PM
GMC:er
In this Quick Licks we use NO PICKING at all and only our left hand to Hammer On every note. If your finger power is weak, this is the cure. You can play it slow or fast, any speed is ok. Don't be afraid to try even if you cant hear any notes the first time you do it. It does take a pinch of practice but you can do it!!

Attached File  90.gp5 ( 2.44K ) Number of downloads: 12555

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
onetabmat
Aug 14 2019, 08:23 AM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 14 2019, 09:20 AM
NICE!!! This requires serious LEFT HAND POWER. It's not possible for everyone to play. So far it's only possible for one person to play and that person is you smile.gif It requires strong strikes without a pick. Without a strong strike, it just makes no note. It sounds just awful. Its enough to be seriously frustrating for many folks. The good news is that if you can play this, you can play just about any of the crazy one handed licks that are headed your way!!!! Well done here.

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Yet again! You remain the TOP DAWG in Quick Licks. No other GMCer has EVER completed this many Quick Licks. Nice!

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Aug 14 2019, 03:23 AM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 10 2020, 09:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Take 1 Sarge,

Very difficult for me, I can do it better without muting with my picking hand but obviously it sounds messy, I need a Jennifer Batten string muting thing laugh.gif It's very slow and I can't seem to get it any quicker, not any time soon anyway wink.gif

https://youtu.be/BWtmmNBjJcs

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2020, 07:46 PM
You got it! There is a bit of double fretting of maybe more than one string with your pinky but for just being starting on these types of licks you play it quite well. I spend several years working on left hand only drills and after several hundred hours of practice, I could play briskly with precision and had no need of a pick. It was almost a "Party Piece" at first that I would use in live Gigs during a solo where I'd pick up my guitar with my right hand by the body and play the entire solo for a song with one hand and no pick. I saw Yngwie do it on an old video and I just had to be able to pull it off as I thought it just looked amazingly cool. Later I added over hand muting in as some licks need the mute.

Congrats you just..
LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 10 2020, 04:44 PM) *
Take 1 Sarge,

Very difficult for me, I can do it better without muting with my picking hand but obviously it sounds messy, I need a Jennifer Batten string muting thing laugh.gif It's very slow and I can't seem to get it any quicker, not any time soon anyway wink.gif

https://youtu.be/BWtmmNBjJcs

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 11 2020, 07:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks buddy,

I heard the double fretting, it was mainly on the unwound and the pinky hitting the thinner string to the one I was trying to hit alone. Even really really slow I couldn't get the angle on the finger tip to get a more perpendicular attack. It took me quite a while to get to even that level in the video.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2020, 08:21 PM
Thats exactly how it sounded when I started doing it so not to worry. smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 11 2020, 02:57 PM) *
Thanks buddy,

I heard the double fretting, it was mainly on the unwound and the pinky hitting the thinner string to the one I was trying to hit alone. Even really really slow I couldn't get the angle on the finger tip to get a more perpendicular attack. It took me quite a while to get to even that level in the video.

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:46 AM