Hello All, Introduction
mjd550
Jul 26 2012, 05:41 PM
GMC:er
Hello all. I am new to this forum. Been into all sorts of metal for many years and been playing guitar on and off but recently started playing properly learning scales and timing rhythm notes and that. Thinking of getting some bareknuckle aftermath pickups for my ibanez 7 string, anyone got any experience with these?

Anyway seems like a good place for anyone interested in guitar! I'm sure I'll enjoy this forum. Also would it be possible for me to upload a soundcloud idea for critique of tone/drums eq riffs etc?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Mike. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2012, 06:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Mike! Welcome to the GMC forum! We are here to help you so feel free to post your ideas and we will give you our feedback. You can do it at this thread or start a new one for that.
I have never tried those pickups so I can't help you with it.
Enjoy the site! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 26 2012, 06:35 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC Mike!

Sure, you can embed soundcloud in the forum to get feedback.

Cheers

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jul 26 2012, 06:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome Mike !

Lets hear your soundcloud rec ... rolleyes.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 26 2012, 07:01 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Mike.. yeah, shove that Soundcloud file up on the forum ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 07:11 PM
Instructor
Howdy Mike! Glad you decided to introduce yourself smile.gif

I am getting a PRS Mike Mushok baritone next week and most probably will place a pair of Cold Sweat BKP on it. One of my band mates has a cheap Ibanez baritone (320 dolars worth on ebay) which he equipped with a single bridge Cold Sweat pickup. He managed to record a Meshuggah tune through a POD Guitar Port with that guitar and the sound is mindblowing smile.gif

+Quote Post
mjd550
Jul 26 2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the response guys. I'll look into cold sweat by bbk looking for a tight heavy tone.

Mike

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 07:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mjd550 @ Jul 26 2012, 06:26 PM) *
Thanks for the response guys. I'll look into cold sweat by bbk looking for a tight heavy tone.

Mike

They go well with low tunings - medium output and high definition smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 27 2012, 02:24 AM
Welcome to GMC Mike ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 27 2012, 03:08 AM
BKP pickups are the way to go! Welcome to GMC!

What style(s) of metal are you interested in most? That would help us guide you on your decision regarding new pickups.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Blister
Jul 27 2012, 04:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, Mike! smile.gif I see you have been on the site since December. What lessons have you been working on?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mjd550
Jul 27 2012, 07:48 AM
What style(s) of metal are you interested in most? That would help us guide you on your decision regarding new pickups.

Very heavy tones mainly, like Meshuggah, Iowa album, Pantera etc. I Would say I like "mainstream" type metal the most. I also really like the classic metallica tone from their early albums, I've seen a youtube clip of bbk's sounding good with that in standard tuning.

Not exactly sure of the different types of tones the different bbk pickups give for different types of metal.

Welcome to the forum, Mike! I see you have been on the site since December. What lessons have you been working on?

I joined and then left, now joined again! I'm going through the metal lessons, I'm exploring different types like finish power metal and doom metal. Loving the variety of lessons on the site!

Mike.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 28 2012, 10:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mjd550 @ Jul 26 2012, 04:41 PM) *
Hello all. I am new to this forum. Been into all sorts of metal for many years and been playing guitar on and off but recently started playing properly learning scales and timing rhythm notes and that. Thinking of getting some bareknuckle aftermath pickups for my ibanez 7 string, anyone got any experience with these?

Anyway seems like a good place for anyone interested in guitar! I'm sure I'll enjoy this forum. Also would it be possible for me to upload a soundcloud idea for critique of tone/drums eq riffs etc?

Thanks, Mike. smile.gif

Hello! Welcome to GMC! My name is Alex and I am one of the instructors! smile.gif Please feel free to send me a personal message if you have any questions or need help with anything! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2012, 10:54 PM
Welcome!
The BARENUCKLE is a fine choice. As is the NAILBOMB. Of course many folks prefer the EMG set, and I used to be one of them. But the best bet is always to trust your ears and try to play the pickups you are about to buy if at all possible.

QUOTE (mjd550 @ Jul 26 2012, 12:41 PM) *

Thanks, Mike. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:01 PM