Marcus's Sabbath Lesson
Andrew6
Feb 20 2009, 03:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
This is my take on Marcus's Sabbath lesson not the best take but I thought I could get more tips if I used one that was middle of the road cool.gif . I am using my cousins washburn tele copy since my guitar died this week sad.gif . so it was hard to get anything remotely close to sabbath like as far as tone tongue.gif . But yeah just looking for tips and suggestions thanks alot!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2009, 03:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice job Andrew. smile.gif I would just sugguest that you focus more on the fingerings of the barr chords he is playing. He uses 3 fingers on some of them and you are trying to barr 2 notes with you 3rd finger. Not that this is wrong but be careful because this can maybe cause you problems later. You don't want to create any bad habbits. wink.gif

Keep rockin man! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 20 2009, 03:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 19 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Nice job Andrew. smile.gif I would just sugguest that you focus more on the fingerings of the barr chords he is playing. He uses 3 fingers on some of them and you are trying to barr 2 notes with you 3rd finger. Not that this is wrong but be careful because this can maybe cause you problems later. You don't want to create any bad habbits. wink.gif

Thanks alot! I just gave it a shot like you said with the chords and I can play it that way as well and it is actually a little cleaner, I will prob play it that way from now on. Thanks

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2009, 03:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
No problem man! I'm glad it helped smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 20 2009, 05:02 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 19 2009, 09:42 PM) *

Hum...Think I've heard that before... laugh.gif Nice job Andrew and do listen to these words of wisdom! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 21 2009, 06:04 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great, well done. Focus on a fingerings a bit!

+Quote Post
19935027rafa
Mar 11 2009, 11:16 PM
GMC:er
Hey Andrew it was very nice! i liked it. Same advise as Uncleskillet

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:29 PM