V-picks! Satriani And Santana Are Now Using Them!, Best pick out there IMO
mmasters
Jul 22 2008, 04:30 PM
GMC:er
A few months ago while I was over at thegearpage.net I saw a discussion thread titled what was the most inexpensive thing that changed your playing. I heard a few guys recommend these picks called V-picks. I was a bit skeptical at first as I had been happy with playing Dunlop Jazz IIIs a-la Eric Johnson for about 10 years straight. So anyhow I decided to give it a try and I was very impressed. 2 days after I ordered them they were in my mailbox. I tried a couple of them and really dug the medium pointed pick (my playing is a bit of a mix of rock, shred and jazz, among other styles).

Anyway I can't say how much I love these picks.

I moved recently and got another order of picks from Vinni (V-Pick guy) and I accidentally had them shipped to the wrong address, I told Vinni about it after a month they hadn't showed up, he shipped out another order, taking the loss. So for that I felt I should spread the word around, he's a great guy and has a great product.

As far as what to try first I would start out with the medium rounded (the most popular pick) and/or medium pointed and go from there. You shredders would really dig the shredder or the medium/large pointed. I'm waiting for a new pick in the mail he has out called the diamond which is inbetween the medium rounded and pointed. FYI - I know Santana plays the freakishly large rounded and I'm pretty sure Satriani is playing with the large rounded.

Here's the site: http://www.v-picks.com

Be sure to post how you like them! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Martin la guitar...
Jul 22 2008, 04:34 PM
thank you so much, i think im going to order some!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mmasters
Jul 22 2008, 04:43 PM
I forgot to mention they really do allow your right hand to play faster and more fluidly. I can play about 20-30% faster and at least twice as fluid as before with the Jazz IIIs. I can't say enough positive things about them.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 22 2008, 04:47 PM
What interests me is the grip thingy that seems awesome, I'm always having a problem with holding onto a grip for long when my hand gets sweaty. Gonna try some out. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 22 2008, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I just just ordered 3 of tem thanks for the link and i hope they work good or me

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Jul 22 2008, 04:56 PM
Can you only pay through card or is it possibile to pay through bills or something?

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 22 2008, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I payed thorugh paypal and that seemed like the only option but i dont know

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Jul 22 2008, 05:08 PM
kk

+Quote Post
chast
Jul 22 2008, 05:08 PM
Learning Roadie
I also ordered 3, can't wait to get them smile.gif

V-Pick Small Pointed
V-Pick Medium Pointed
V-Pick Medium Rounded

Let's see if they will replace the Jazz III Picks biggrin.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
mmasters
Jul 22 2008, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Jul 22 2008, 04:56 PM) *
Can you only pay through card or is it possibile to pay through bills or something?

I think you can only pay through paypal.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jul 22 2008, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (mmasters @ Jul 22 2008, 11:30 AM) *
A few months ago while I was over at thegearpage.net I saw a discussion thread titled what was the most inexpensive thing that changed your playing. I heard a few guys recommend these picks called V-picks. I was a bit skeptical at first as I had been happy with playing Dunlop Jazz IIIs a-la Eric

I finally stopped using the Dunlop Jazz III's a month or so ago. Hard for me to hold on to for some reason. I don't have especially large hands so I don't know what the problem is.

I've been using the Dunlop Big Stubby picks for a few weeks and I'm pretty happy with them. I am more open minded to thicker picks now.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jul 22 2008, 07:20 PM
well shouldnt we all try to achieve technich by solid practice rather than skipping half of the practice and still play as fast but when you lose your superpick you are screwed

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Jul 22 2008, 07:26 PM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Jul 22 2008, 08:20 PM) *
well shouldnt we all try to achieve technich by solid practice rather than skipping half of the practice and still play as fast but when you lose your superpick you are screwed

yup, all this reminds me of the movie - Tenacious D - Pick of destiny tongue.gif

+Quote Post
steiner666
Jul 22 2008, 07:41 PM
lol i gotta get the pick of destiny now.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 22 2008, 09:25 PM
Instructor
ohmy.gif Never heard of V-Picks before.
Going to order some screamers smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 22 2008, 10:15 PM
Wow! 5.6 mm - the V-Pick Fattie! blink.gif

Ouch! I forgot about V-Pick Colossal .. 8.66 mm blink.gif blink.gif

I just might order some for kicks! laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 22 2008, 10:24 PM
Instructor
wow cool, I should order some myself smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mmasters
Jul 23 2008, 02:58 AM
They really are awesome. I ended up throwing away all my old Jazz IIIs I had around for years. Not that they were bad picks but these are so much better. Much more ergonomic when you're playing and they have a nice tone to them as well as grip nicely.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 23 2008, 07:31 AM
QUOTE (superize @ Jul 22 2008, 05:48 PM) *
I just just ordered 3 of tem thanks for the link and i hope they work good or me

Please report back on have you like them and the delivery to Sweden. I want some!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Xicoria
Jul 23 2008, 07:38 AM
GMC is really making me spend money! smile.gif

After joinning GMC I already ordered a Toneport UX1, a Korg Metronome, a Powerball and now 5 V-Picks! biggrin.gif

Lets hope I improve my guitar play before bankruptcy!

I read a lot of reviews of this v-picks and everyone just say good words. I use dunlop tortoise for a quite long time, let me see if they are really this valuable! smile.gif

Thanks for the tip!

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:13 AM