Pod X3 Live - Amp Connection
Rated Htr
Nov 11 2009, 11:49 PM
Experienced Rock Star
How do I connect the pod with an amp? I'm using two leads and the connection I have is my guitar to the guitar in from the pod and the phones from the pod to the amp but I know there has to be a better way :S.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 11 2009, 11:58 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I connect the pod to my amp via "LIVE OUT". Works perfectly for me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 12 2009, 12:01 AM
Experienced Rock Star
but, do you use two leads? one for right, one for left, and where do you connect the in the amp? I hear sound, but it's not as good sad.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 12 2009, 12:17 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Hmm, no I'm not using double tones. Sorry, don't know how you should connect it then sad.gif

I usually put the cable from the right "Live out" straight into the amp input.

Have checked in the manual? I know they have a page there which shows different ways of connecting and using the pod with an amp

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 12 2009, 12:23 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Nov 11 2009, 11:17 PM) *
Hmm, no I'm not using double tones. Sorry, don't know how you should connect it then sad.gif

I usually put the cable from the right "Live out" straight into the amp input.

Have checked in the manual? I know they have a page there which shows different ways of connecting and using the pod with an amp

Yeah, I tried to do that...But the sound on low volume doesn't sound that good...Maybe it's because of the tone or the halfstack? i'm not using double tone, it's because you have right and left entries.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 12 2009, 12:30 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Nov 12 2009, 12:23 AM) *
Yeah, I tried to do that...But the sound on low volume doesn't sound that good...Maybe it's because of the tone or the halfstack? i'm not using double tone, it's because you have right and left entries.

But why do you need a stereo output, when the guitar tone is mono? Sorry, I just don't understand why you need that if you're not using double tones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 12 2009, 12:33 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Nov 11 2009, 11:30 PM) *
But why do you need a stereo output, when the guitar tone is mono? Sorry, I just don't understand why you need that if you're not using double tones.

Well, I'll see tomorrow with more volume. Sorry Dexxter, I'm the stupid one that doesn't know how this works tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 12 2009, 12:37 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Nov 12 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Well, I'll see tomorrow with more volume. Sorry Dexxter, I'm the stupid one that doesn't know how this works tongue.gif

I'm sure it's just the volume, an amp always sounds better cranked smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 12 2009, 12:38 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Nov 11 2009, 11:37 PM) *
I'm sure it's just the volume, an amp always sounds better cranked smile.gif

Specially if it's a halfstack tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 12 2009, 12:39 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Left lead is usually (mono) out on those multieffects units that have an option of stereo sound (space effects etc). You should be fine connecting just to the left out and that is how you should connect pod to the amp. Now bear in mind that you need to tweak sound on the POD and amp to get one you like. POD sounds much different when played directly through headphones and when played through amp. Tweak your amp/pod to find the guitar tone you like.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 12 2009, 01:08 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Nov 12 2009, 12:38 AM) *
Specially if it's a halfstack tongue.gif

Haha laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 12 2009, 12:39 AM) *
Left lead is usually (mono) out on those multieffects units that have an option of stereo sound (space effects etc). You should be fine connecting just to the left out and that is how you should connect pod to the amp. Now bear in mind that you need to tweak sound on the POD and amp to get one you like. POD sounds much different when played directly through headphones and when played through amp. Tweak your amp/pod to find the guitar tone you like.

Good advice for everyone! When I connected my pod to my amp I got a completely different sound than I got on my computer speakers. It sounded really good on the speakers but on the amp it was very discant. Now after I fixed it I like the sound I get from the amp a LOT more biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 12 2009, 01:31 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Nov 12 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Haha laugh.gif

Good advice for everyone! When I connected my pod to my amp I got a completely different sound than I got on my computer speakers. It sounded really good on the speakers but on the amp it was very discant. Now after I fixed it I like the sound I get from the amp a LOT more biggrin.gif

Maybe that's what's happening to me, considering I didn't change anything smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 12 2009, 01:37 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Nov 12 2009, 01:31 AM) *
Maybe that's what's happening to me, considering I didn't change anything smile.gif

Maybe smile.gif play around with it tomorrow with some nice volume wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 12 2009, 02:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Nov 11 2009, 11:49 PM) *
How do I connect the pod with an amp? I'm using two leads and the connection I have is my guitar to the guitar in from the pod and the phones from the pod to the amp but I know there has to be a better way :S.

You have to check what tone are using, either 1 or 2. Assuming it´s 1, in the "outputs" page, where it says 1/4 inch outputs, turn the first (out of the 4) knob right to when it says "stack front" or "combo front",

Also you see tone 1 and tone 2, make sure tone 1 is ON, and 2 can be muted,

To use two leads you would need two amps, or an amp and some speakers,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 12 2009, 02:53 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 12 2009, 01:20 AM) *
You have to check what tone are using, either 1 or 2. Assuming it´s 1, in the "outputs" page, where it says 1/4 inch outputs, turn the first (out of the 4) knob right to when it says "stack front" or "combo front",

Also you see tone 1 and tone 2, make sure tone 1 is ON, and 2 can be muted,

To use two leads you would need two amps, or an amp and some speakers,

Didn't know about that! Thanks Daniel smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Yakazor
Nov 12 2009, 06:07 PM
GMC:er
A lot of people recommend putting the POD into your amp's effect loop (if that's possible for you) - Just search for POD and effects loop and you should be able to find something. It requires a few cables though, but should give better sound quality

This post has been edited by Yakazor: Nov 12 2009, 06:07 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:14 PM