> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Guitar Rock Solo- Beginner Poll
Grade
Rock Solo - Beginner
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

leonard478
Jul 18 2011, 10:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoVz-9HcesQ

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 25 2011, 09:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2011, 07:07 AM
Instructor
Hi man! It's a good take, but there are some important things to improve on this one. It seems that after the first bends your guitar lost tune. This can be avoided if you stretch the strings before you tune your guitar, then you have to tune it and repeat this process some times. Regarding your playing let's start talking about your bending. You are reaching the correct pitch most of the times which is really good! However I think that you have to continue working on this technique gain more force with your fingers. It seems that you aren't comfortable when you are bending, so keep on training your left hand fingers! The last licks (which are the most difficult) also need some more work, there are some timing issues and missed notes there. Keep on working! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 19 2011, 12:10 PM
Instructor
Hey Leonard.. welcome to the REC zone ! cool.gif Its great to see you uploading and getting involved !

Well, one of the interesting things about the REC board is having different opinions from the instructors and in this case my opinion is going to be quite different from Gabriel's wink.gif

Different people hear different things.. so niether of us is right or wrong.. but for me I didn't have a problem with your bending as I think you did a good job of hitting the correct pitch and managing it in time as well.

I hear more of an issue with your right hand and timing.. your picking hand is a little stiff so try and relax a bit more. (Recording syndrome can make us tense up too!) I think if you work on right and left hand synchronisation you will see a big improvement in your playing.

Vibrato was a little too fast and small to me. These fast vibratos tend to cheapen a player's sound and suggest a lack of control and feel, so some suggestions from me would be:

Find some lessons that work on hand synchronisation.. some lower level lessons on alternate picking would be good for you to synch your hands up a bit mroe and help you relax.

Some lessons focusing on vibrato. I have a vibrato series but there are also some by Marcus Lavendell (just type our names in the search bar and you'll find our profiles and lesson lists) which are very good.

Gariel is right about working on your bending too, but for me it was one of the stronger parts of your take cool.gif

P.S. If you would like some help finding some suitable lessons, feel free to send me a message and I'll be happy to help.

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 19 2011, 04:01 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
ttt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 20 2011, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Very good playing. Decent timing throughout the take, only couple of problems when bending. I thing the main problem here is vibrato, and since vibrato is connected with bends a lot, this is the second issue. I noticed that you raise the pitch of the bend with very good precision, and with all fingers nicely. Second step is to try to raise the pitch of the vibratos in the similar way (since they are nothing more than connected bends). You are getting there, since the technique is good, so it's just a matter of making it more wider.

PS one thing mate, when recording, try to record your fretting hand as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 20 2011, 02:47 PM
Instructor
Both Ben and Gabe hit a lot of important aspects, so the only thing I can do is sum things up a bit:

- vibrato should be smoother and more fit to the timing of the whole piece (this will come in time with exercise)
- bending should be up to pitch in some places where it seems a little unsure
- timing in general should be a little more exact - again, slow practice makes perfect smile.gif

Good work all in all and I'm glad to see you in the REC zone, in my opinion the REC is your mirror so, sound good and you'll shine like a star wink.gif

cheerios!!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 25 2011, 09:03 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Very close on this one, 7.3..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:14 AM