3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Fender Vintage Radius 7.25
bleez
Oct 1 2016, 07:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 1 2016, 06:57 PM) *
The history of Telecaster bridge plate and saddle materials goes deep.
https://www.google.com/search?q=telecaster+...saddle+material
Fender also magnetized the Tele bridge plate at various times so of course there's debate as to the tone imparted by that.

ohmy.gif you're not kidding! that does go deep! Ive probably not got the ears for that level.
when I get the pickups changed do you think its worth upgrading any of the pots or electrics?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 2 2016, 12:16 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 1 2016, 11:34 AM) *
ohmy.gif you're not kidding! that does go deep! Ive probably not got the ears for that level.
when I get the pickups changed do you think its worth upgrading any of the pots or electrics?

It's Mexican 60s Tele, correct?
I have one of those and I didn't change out any of the wire or pots, etc.
'If' the hookup wire is that really this and flimsy crap (like you'd get at the hobby electronics store) - then maybe think about a change.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 2 2016, 12:29 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 1 2016, 06:34 PM) *

After installing the PU's, if there's muddyness in tone or simply want sparcle then modding the electronics is the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 2 2016, 08:29 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yeah, its the mexican classic 60's series. I wont be doing the pickups personally, I can ask the guy to have a look when he's doing it and see what he thinks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 2 2016, 10:02 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 2 2016, 07:29 AM) *
yeah, its the mexican classic 60's series. I wont be doing the pickups personally, I can ask the guy to have a look when he's doing it and see what he thinks.

Just don't rush into it, cause in time after doing recordings/try different setups slowly its starts to get obvious if it needs any tweaking. Adjusting electric components is a bit like eq'ing the guitar itself and since its the core tone some things might not be obvious immediatly. For example, even if using the best components it might end-up overly bright or dark.

Incase needed, my luthiers buys parts from here; http://www.stewmac.com/

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 2 2016, 10:28 PM
Fender Standard for most of it's history is ...

250k CTS pots (500k pots will be super bright with single coils and even many vintage wind humbuckers).
22 gauge hookup wire. Stranded or solid. *24 and 26 gauge is also used and is debatable as to whether there's any difference. Same with cloth covered v. plastic.

I my opinion, which I'm not shy about saying is vast when it comes to Strats and Teles, is that the Body and neck woods impart the most tonal variance (good and bad) when you're using actual single coil pickups.

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 25 2017, 06:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
well... finally biggrin.gif that's my tele been dropped off to get modded.
twisted tele pickups.
brass compensated saddles.
reversing the control plate smile.gif

It was a toss up between the twisted tele and the Creamery equivalent but I couldn't decide on a bridge PU from the creamery, they all sounded cool rolleyes.gif
Should have it back on Monday.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 26 2017, 10:15 AM
Banging those strings will be so much fun smile.gif let us know how it turn out

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:17 AM