Mike Mushok Baritone In Action
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 6 2013, 07:55 AM
Instructor
Who says that cheaper guitars are not used by the great artists out there? Even if they have access to uber expensive gear, it seems that, if a guitar provides the tone - that's the thing to use smile.gif Check out Sevendust's Clint Lowery, using the Mike Mushok SE baritone while tracking guitars for his new solo album:

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_...506198832787460

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 6 2013, 07:56 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 9 2013, 10:28 AM
GMC:er
Good looking guitar. I'm anxious to hear his new solo project, that clip sounded awesome.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2013, 07:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 9 2013, 09:28 AM) *
Good looking guitar. I'm anxious to hear his new solo project, that clip sounded awesome.

He already released 2 EPs smile.gif I got one signed from him biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 10 2013, 01:35 PM
Instructor
I own PRS Santana SE. Great instrument. I remember when the cheap PRS series was shown to the world's markets. Damn...this was something!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2013, 02:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Gahhhh! I can't view on my iPhone

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2013, 07:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 10 2013, 12:35 PM) *
I own PRS Santana SE. Great instrument. I remember when the cheap PRS series was shown to the world's markets. Damn...this was something!

Hehe! I totally feel you mate - my Paul Allender and Mike Mushok are both PRS SE and they are wonderful instruments. I really think that PRS has hit the market with the best affordable line instruments from the perspective of what you get for what you pay.

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 11 2013, 10:38 AM
Is it a better playing guitar than your Ibanez baritone was Cosmin? Is it a lighter instrument? I think I remember paying around $700 for my Ibanez baritone and I do like it, however once I got use to the Morpheus Drop Tune, I haven't been playing it unless at low volume. The Ibanez is a very heavy, solid guitar.

What's your take on the 2?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 12 2013, 07:56 AM
Instructor
Good question mate! One of the main reasons I sold the MMM was the fact that it sounded a bit fuzzy and undefined. The PRS packs a punch and it has a lot of definition in comparison to the MMM. I think you should definitely give it a spin if you get the occasion, because you might consider a new purchase wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 12 2013, 09:26 AM
Even after 2 years of guitar playing (close to 3) I still don't get the idea behind baritones. I still don't get what they exactly are. They just sound MUCH more bassy. But that's all I get. tongue.gif So, any explanations please oh great baritone lovers wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2013, 01:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 12 2013, 08:26 AM) *
Even after 2 years of guitar playing (close to 3) I still don't get the idea behind baritones. I still don't get what they exactly are. They just sound MUCH more bassy. But that's all I get. tongue.gif So, any explanations please oh great baritone lovers wink.gif

Alright lil bro! First and foremost, welcome back!

Second - a baritone is a guitar who's neck is longer (longer scale - that means 27-28" instead of 24 or 25") - that allowing you to use lower tunings, while keeping the same orientation of the intervals on the neck. In short, you get to keep ALL the shapes you are accustomed to in E standard, but everything can sound a perfect 5th lower (if you chose to be tuned in A standard) or a perfect 4th lower (if you choose to be tuned to B standard).

That's quite all there is to it smile.gif playing low without more than 6 strings and without learning new positions.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:22 PM