Warrior Bushido Task 51
Ben Higgins
Jan 22 2013, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Sorry for the delay, my fellow travellers of the Way. I had some business to attend to outside of The Temple so our Bushido Business was delayed ! We shall be going to 52, so after this there shall be one final Task for you... ph34r.gif

Task 51: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Melodic-Major-Soloing/

I just want you to learn part 9, which is the fast lick that occurs from 0:45-0:47

This is an absolutely storming lick from Fayeed and it only uses 2 fingers !! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

This'll be a nice one to add to your trick bag of licks and you could apply it to minor shapes too...

Deadline is next Tuesday 29th January or you'll find that you've signed up to Ballroom Dancing classes and you start immediately.... and if you think that's funny, try learning the Waltz mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 22 2013, 08:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 22 2013, 09:16 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
ohmy.gif I think its impressive what his picking hand is doing too. This hybrid technique intrigues me more and more. I feel like I'm playing guitar for the first time when trying it though.

Do you think hybrid picking is the best way to get this lick up to speed?

I must avoid these dancing lessons or my lady may get some funny ideas in her head. dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 23 2013, 02:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 22 2013, 08:16 PM) *
ohmy.gif I think its impressive what his picking hand is doing too. This hybrid technique intrigues me more and more. I feel like I'm playing guitar for the first time when trying it though.

Do you think hybrid picking is the best way to get this lick up to speed?

I would personally play it with a combination of down strokes and slides/hammer ons smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 22 2013, 08:16 PM) *
I must avoid these dancing lessons or my lady may get some funny ideas in her head. dry.gif

Exactly..... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 26 2013, 08:26 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey Ben,
I made a quick video to demo this lick with just video audio.

This is my top speed. Not sure about the tempo here but its seem much slower than Fayeed's. biggrin.gif

My own analysis is that I sometimes I slur the G and D notes that barre on the 12th fret. Thanks for checking!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 26 2013, 10:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 26 2013, 07:26 PM) *
Hey Ben,
I made a quick video to demo this lick with just video audio.

This is my top speed. Not sure about the tempo here but its seem much slower than Fayeed's. biggrin.gif

My own analysis is that I sometimes I slur the G and D notes that barre on the 12th fret. Thanks for checking!

That sounds nice man ! Yeah I guess that's where hybrid does come in handy for plucking out that note.. I wonder whether slightly rolling the finger would help, like we do when sweep picking different strings on the same fret with the same finger...

Either way, sounding good DG !

Donut, of course biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:54 AM