> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Neoclassical Solo For Beginners, Lesson By Emir Hot
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

ChrisGLP
Oct 30 2015, 06:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners by Emir Hot

first try... :-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2015, 12:42 AM
Instructor
Hi Chris, good job with this one!

Your playing is good on this first attempt to this lesson. There are some details that you could work to take your playing to a new level and are basically based on vibrato and bending, but also some phrases that could sound smoother.

Compare your vibrato with the original take and you'll notice that Emir does a wider vibrato that moves more connected with the groove of the backing track. Please along with the lesson trying to emulate it.

I noticed that some bends don't reach the correct pitch, for example at 00:22, 00:41 and 00:48. Pay attention to it.

Finally, some phrases around 00:50 and 01:03 could sound smoother. Isolate these parts and practice them.

Other than these, your playing is good, just keep working hard!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 2 2015, 12:57 PM
Instructor
Hey Chris!

Nice work on this lesson.
Personally I think that middle position is not a best choice for this kind of playing. Something fizzy is happening in your tone. Message me if you want some help on it (prepare guitar only track from your take)

Gabriel have spotted most important things - shallow vibrato and bends that do not reach correct pitch. Those are the biggest issues here .Aside from these it's a really nice take smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 5 2015, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Hi this is a very good take with some minor issues which will be simple enough to fix.

Firstly, I like the way you use the whole span of your fingers to reach other notes. This is correct and it shows you've unlocked your fingers. They need to be able to move this way in order to play more complex material.

Timing is tight as well.

Vibrato is generally ok but there are some notes that could benefit from it, like at 0:22 and 0:26. These notes sound a bit dead so some vibrato will liven them up. It doesn't have to be wide, just enough to give them some life.

Bending: Overall quite good, the only bend for me that isn't 100% is at 0:47. It's a fraction too high (sharp) so try to work on those as well.

Overall, a strong take - well done

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 5 2015, 05:50 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:11 PM