3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Line6 Toneport Ux2, Some questions...
kaznie_NL
Jan 24 2009, 04:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Why buy a UX1 or UX2 when the GX has the same stuff for a lower price?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 24 2009, 04:30 PM
GMC:er
it does not have the same stuff... GX lacks a mic preamp.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Jan 24 2009, 05:28 PM
Hah this thing is just too much fun..
It's been quite a strange experience so far I must admit, for the first time EVER I've tried actually playing leads OVER stuff I've recorded, It's really hard to push myself into thinking about what I'm doing!
Like "ooook.. so what chords am I actually playing here? What key should this be?" hehe, been having quite fun with the Minor pentatonic scale (Which is the only scale I actually know!), which I reasonaly learned through Ivans workshop and Andrews Theory forum!

Having to think about what I'm doing makes me lose so much speed, Almost feels like picking up the guitar for the first time again - It's great fun tho since I can actually hear how the things actually fit together once I try to mix some attemptet solos/leads over some rythm!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Eclipse I CTM Full Thickness, Ibanez RG470 with EMG81/85 pickups.
Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT XL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 25 2009, 12:21 AM
Instructor
Hehe, it's cool that you're having so much fun mate! Record something for us if you find the time! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 25 2009, 12:31 AM
QUOTE (Sigfridsson @ Jan 19 2009, 02:51 AM) *
There we go, just ordered myself the Pod Studio ux1, 135€ with shipping included, feels like quite a reasonable price!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Yeah and now you'll be lost in it for about two weeks before you come up for air! biggrin.gif The versatility of these things is fantastic.

EDIT: Ooops! Didn't see you already had it. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Toroso: Jan 25 2009, 12:32 AM

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Jan 25 2009, 01:43 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 25 2009, 12:21 AM) *
Hehe, it's cool that you're having so much fun mate! Record something for us if you find the time! smile.gif

I just might once I've gotten a hang of all these recording tools/apps.
Currently using Adobe Audition and I've got EZdrummer DFH... however I can't say I really know how to use any of them very well, especially DFH.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 25 2009, 02:22 PM
Instructor
I will do soon a EZD drummer tutorial mate, stay tuned! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Jan 25 2009, 09:54 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 25 2009, 02:22 PM) *
I will do soon a EZD drummer tutorial mate, stay tuned! smile.gif

I will be looking forward to that one!

Got a lot of tutorials and stuff on recording I can read at work as well! Hooray, something to do on slow days!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Feb 7 2009, 10:25 PM
Ok guys here goes, tried recording something.
Let me add that I'm completely horrible with using Adobe Audition so far so it's a really rough mix.

Hope you like it.

Attached File  riffage_mixdown_final.mp3 ( 841.66K ) Number of downloads: 141

--------------------

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 7 2009, 10:41 PM
Playing is really nice and interesting smile.gif
But the mix itself is weird... it has some very small room reverb huh.gif try to remaster it so it could sound better smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Feb 7 2009, 10:54 PM
I'm really struggling with the recording software atm, I'm horribly bad with it, I'm gonna try to find some tutorials or such and hopefully I'll be able to make it sound better!

I haven't even been able to figure out how to get the God damn "tempo grids" over the tracks yet sad.gif

This post has been edited by Sigfridsson: Feb 7 2009, 10:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 7 2009, 11:00 PM
There's some nice tutorial about Reaper here in the forum.
I'm using Cubase though smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 8 2009, 12:34 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Don't know much about the DAW you are using but curious to the settings while rendering. I would have thought your file would be larger. Do you have different render options such as good, better, best? And also does it allow you to change the bit rate?

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Feb 8 2009, 01:15 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 8 2009, 12:34 AM) *
Don't know much about the DAW you are using but curious to the settings while rendering. I would have thought your file would be larger. Do you have different render options such as good, better, best? And also does it allow you to change the bit rate?

I do have some options when I want to export the main mix to a mp3 or such.. but from what I can see it looks alright!

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 8 2009, 01:36 AM
Hmm...Not sure mate, all looks well. What does the "Other Options" below the bit choice offer? I think that's what it says in English..(Dither Options)

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Feb 8 2009, 01:40 AM
Actually I'm not even sure what that means myself, doesn't mean anything in Swedish!
But I'll check it out and try experimenting a bit with it to see if I can get better sound.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 8 2009, 02:27 AM
Just noticed something else, Is that your signal in the lower right of the screen, if so, it's looks really weak. Check the settings in Pod Farm and make sure it's not turned down to low. Careful not to be too high or the signal will clip. Here's a recent project of mine in Reaper... The first two are rhythm guitar, 1 track dubbed with 1 panned to the right and the other to the left.

Same thing with the second guitar...

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 8 2009, 02:27 AM
yeah, I can't see a bitrate setting here.... and your file sounds like it had some really low one.

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Feb 8 2009, 02:38 AM
It looks that way for me too normally, just had it really zoomed out when I took the screenshot!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:59 PM