2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Studio Area Nearly Finished.
Phil66
Jan 9 2022, 09:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Couldn't really do anything with the existing shelf unless I remove a guitar. I'll put some more pics up in a couple of days. It's taken all weekend on and off to do this, one of those jobs you think you'll get done in an hour laugh.gif

To the right of this picture, the room looks like a bomb's hit it laugh.gif I'll post that too. I forgot to take a before pic but I'll have one somewhere.

It's impossible to hide all cables with this kind of setup because I can run both computers, the big silver one will only run one monitor but it's a good backup.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 10 2022, 03:58 AM
GMC:er
Super awesome!! This looks like a lot of work. It's great to see it coming together! Very clean setup. You are ready to RAWK!!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 9 2022, 04:17 PM) *
Couldn't really do anything with the existing shelf unless I remove a guitar. I'll put some more pics up in a couple of days. It's taken all weekend on and off to do this, one of those jobs you think you'll get done in an hour laugh.gif

To the right of this picture, the room looks like a bomb's hit it laugh.gif I'll post that too. I forgot to take a before pic but I'll have one somewhere.

It's impossible to hide all cables with this kind of setup because I can run both computers, the big silver one will only run one monitor but it's a good backup.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 10 2022, 08:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice Phill.
It looks like a great studio where you can enjoy your guitar playing with anything nearby 😎

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 10 2022, 08:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
That looks really great, Phil! Tidying up like that can be refreshing smile.gif

I finished my upgrades/updates too. Will get my camera out and take some pictures too smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 10 2022, 09:50 AM
Learning Roadie
I need to pull my finger out and get mine done

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 10 2022, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
I took some pictures, but I forgot to turn on the fancy lights! And then the battery of my camera died. I'll try again soon and try to remember to get it all looking fancy smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 11 2022, 07:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not the best pics, as they are just taken on my phone. Might try with my DSLR later. Lightbulbs from Wiz, so I have a few options for colors and mood.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 11 2022, 07:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 11 2022, 10:41 PM
Very snazzy Ben,

I'll get some pics up of my whole room when the light is good. I'm really happy and inspired. I can't believe it's the same room. Hopefully tomorrow before the sun goes down. It's never good with just interior lighting, you have to use high ISO and it makes it grainy, and flash is not good at all, unless you can use pro level multi flash.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 11 2022, 11:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 11 2022, 11:41 PM) *
Very snazzy Ben,

I'll get some pics up of my whole room when the light is good. I'm really happy and inspired. I can't believe it's the same room. Hopefully tomorrow before the sun goes down. It's never good with just interior lighting, you have to use high ISO and it makes it grainy, and flash is not good at all, unless you can use pro level multi flash.

Cheers

Yeah, with my DSLR I can at least leave shutter time really high, leave it on a tripod and just get a good picture even in low light. My phone is already crappy so any picture in low light setting will be bad smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 11 2022, 11:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Snatched a very quick shot (no ISO, aperture or shutter speed set up properly) before the battery died. For some reason all of my batteries for my camera don't seem to hold power much anymore. I didn't feel like setting up a good angle and everything only to run out of battery, so this is it for now smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 12 2022, 06:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 9 2022, 05:17 PM) *

Wou! Congrats Phil! It looks beautiful! I believe that the space where we practice and make music is very important to keep the inspiration happening. And this room looks VERY inspiring.

Nice to see that you have one screen for each purpose (GMC, Amp, Daw), the pedal tuner always ready, and Jimi always watching. smile.gif

Enjoy!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 11 2022, 07:43 PM) *
Snatched a very quick shot (no ISO, aperture or shutter speed set up properly) before the battery died. For some reason all of my batteries for my camera don't seem to hold power much anymore. I didn't feel like setting up a good angle and everything only to run out of battery, so this is it for now smile.gif

Attached Image

That's very cool too Cael! The lightening makes it look very futuristic. I love using lights to ambient the studio. I got a some Samsung ambilights some time ago, and I can't be happier with them.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 12 2022, 09:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 12 2022, 07:39 PM) *
That's very cool too Cael! The lightening makes it look very futuristic. I love using lights to ambient the studio. I got a some Samsung ambilights some time ago, and I can't be happier with them.

Yup. I love the light as well. Very inspirational environment and looks great on camera too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 12 2022, 11:05 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 12 2022, 05:39 PM) *
Wou! Congrats Phil! It looks beautiful! I believe that the space where we practice and make music is very important to keep the inspiration happening. And this room looks VERY inspiring.

Nice to see that you have one screen for each purpose (GMC, Amp, Daw), the pedal tuner always ready, and Jimi always watching. smile.gif

Enjoy!

Thanks Gab,

Yes it's very handy having three monitors, one of them becomes my webcam feed when I'm making videos. It's also good that the G10 wireless receiver has two outputs, an xlr and a 1/4,the xlr goes into the Scarlett and the 1/4 into the tuner. Keeps it all neat and tidy wink.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 8 2022, 08:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2022, 03:04 AM
Super congrats on this build!! Also, very cool how you have all the MULTI CAM sets up to record everything including the piano!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 11 2022, 06:43 PM) *

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 13 2022, 10:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 13 2022, 04:04 AM) *
Super congrats on this build!! Also, very cool how you have all the MULTI CAM sets up to record everything including the piano!!

Yeah. Getting things cleaned up a bit and some other bits and bobs replaced has made me think that I actually have room for real life guitar lessons in here too. You can't really see it in the pictures I've posted, but I've got quite a bit of room since I removed the wardrobe (in 2020), I've moved my amp to sit on a small bedside table my granddad made maybe 40 years back, which fits exactly by the mm, meaning I have room beneath that to put some different things (and it has opened up the floor a bit), I got rid of my floor mic stand behind my desk and it's been replaced with a small arm, the camera stand behind my computer monitor got replaced with smaller solutions too. I got rid of a lamp on the table that I didn't really use as well as a few other things in the room. So whether it's live lessons on the internet or real life lessons I actually really feel it's "possible" room-wise for the first time. The colored lights (colors can be switched on the fly) and multi cameras are the topping on the cake of course.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 13 2022, 10:53 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2022, 07:19 PM
It looks great in your recent vids and seems very functional as well. Plenty of space for lessons and for even recording guest musicians and such. Sky is the limit imho. You could do pretty much any sort of production/post in there from audio/video/editing/etc. It just comes down to how you want to focus your energies smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 13 2022, 05:52 AM) *
Yeah. Getting things cleaned up a bit and some other bits and bobs replaced has made me think that I actually have room for real life guitar lessons in here too. You can't really see it in the pictures I've posted, but I've got quite a bit of room since I removed the wardrobe (in 2020), I've moved my amp to sit on a small bedside table my granddad made maybe 40 years back, which fits exactly by the mm, meaning I have room beneath that to put some different things (and it has opened up the floor a bit), I got rid of my floor mic stand behind my desk and it's been replaced with a small arm, the camera stand behind my computer monitor got replaced with smaller solutions too. I got rid of a lamp on the table that I didn't really use as well as a few other things in the room. So whether it's live lessons on the internet or real life lessons I actually really feel it's "possible" room-wise for the first time. The colored lights (colors can be switched on the fly) and multi cameras are the topping on the cake of course.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 7 2022, 09:11 PM
Made a small change with something I found in the attic at the weekend whilst on my decluttering work in progress. It's just somewhere to store the keyboard to keep it off the desk when not in use but I think it looks nice and tidy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 7 2022, 09:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
It all looks so tidy and nice, Phil! Very inspiration! Now I gotta go tidy up here! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 7 2022, 09:35 PM
If anyone is wondering what that yellow thing is at the bottom of the chest of drawers, it's an OCHE, it slots into holes in my floor. To the left of where the picture is taken is a dart board, gotta have a dart board in a man cave cool.gif It's all set up to the correct international distances and heights wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 7 2022, 09:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just don't place the oche in front of your guitars, okay? At least not if you let me throw a dart! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:11 AM