2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Them Crooked Vultures
rokchik
Aug 10 2009, 11:13 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hey GMC,

Just wondering if anyone else has heard about this new supergroup?

They apparently played the Metro in Chicago last night, but it is proving hard to get a listen to these guys. "These guys" being Dave Grohl, Josh Homme and some guy named John Paul Jones from this little group that was big back in the 70's.... you probably never heard of them... I think they were called Led Zeppelin or something wink.gif wink.gif tongue.gif cool.gif I'm really anxious to have a listen, I mean it's Grohl, Homme and John Paul Jones!!! Talk about some amazing musicianship. I am waiting with bated breath to hear something by them. There is some stuff on youtube but it's horrible quality. Apparently an album is due in October.

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Aug 11 2009, 12:26 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 11 2009, 12:10 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Never heard of the group, and I will probably relieve my age when I cofess that John Paul Jones was the only name I recognized in that lot laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 11 2009, 12:11 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (rokchik @ Aug 10 2009, 05:13 PM) *
with baited breath

Don't eat the bait! Can't hook the big star acts if you eat all the bait!

I'd be interested to see this show just because it seems like an amazing lineup. I wonder if youtube has any footage of it yet.

edit: yep, terrible quality and all! Not linking any here sad.gif

This post has been edited by jafomatic: Aug 11 2009, 12:14 AM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 11 2009, 12:24 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 10 2009, 08:11 PM) *
Don't eat the bait! Can't hook the big star acts if you eat all the bait!

I'd be interested to see this show just because it seems like an amazing lineup. I wonder if youtube has any footage of it yet.

edit: yep, terrible quality and all! Not linking any here sad.gif

Since I fish, there is no other spelling except bait wink.gif wink.gif But thanks for "catching" ... I fixed it smile.gif

And yes the youtube stuff was pretty poor so didn't bother to link as well. But am hoping that something emerges soon.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 13 2009, 03:06 PM
First I've heard of this too!!! Although if they get over here I will force myself to go see them. Purely in the cause of being able to report back to GMC with my findings!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 13 2009, 11:09 PM
WHAT??!!!. I gotta check it out now!!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 14 2009, 11:56 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 13 2009, 11:06 AM) *
First I've heard of this too!!! Although if they get over here I will force myself to go see them. Purely in the cause of being able to report back to GMC with my findings!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yes, you would be required to go and provide a complete and detailed record of events smile.gif

Youtube finally has some tidbits from the band. Not very long videos mind you but I think very promising...

This one is an official release from the band and was the last song performed at the Chicago show.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 15 2009, 12:02 AM
I would definitely force myself into going!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 19 2009, 11:53 PM
The Dark Canuck
Here's another little tid bit from the band.... oh they are driving me crazy with all this 14 seconds here 33 seconds there stuff. But I am really excited to see more!!!!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 8 2009, 01:19 PM
They played at Reading Festival a week or so ago and blew everyone away!!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 8 2009, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Very cool I like the style, sounds very nice and progressive! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 8 2009, 06:09 PM
Learning Roadie
I can't wait to find out more about them. Sounds good from the clips so far..

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 9 2009, 11:22 PM
The Dark Canuck
Well the album drops tomorrow and I am completely stoked!!!! I've had mine pre-ordered for a while now. Here is the first single and well I love it.

and the same song live... did I mention I love it smile.gif

EDIT: Another song released... Can't wait to hear the whole album

This post has been edited by rokchik: Nov 10 2009, 01:47 AM

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 10 2009, 12:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
Wow, that is sounding really cool! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 10 2009, 01:49 AM
Instructor
That live footage is awesome! Just plain rock and roll! Great! biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 10 2009, 01:54 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 9 2009, 08:49 PM) *
That live footage is awesome! Just plain rock and roll! Great! biggrin.gif

Ain't it though smile.gif

There is a lot of footage of them on youtube now but not all of it is great quality. The song Gunmen is just awesome but can't seem to find a decent video to share.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 18 2009, 02:49 AM
The Dark Canuck
OK seriously this album is AMAZING!!! I haven't stopped listening to it. Hands down best album of 2009 and one of the best albums to drop in a very long time.

It's been a very long time since I've felt so strongly about an album so I apologize for my enthusiasm. I know not everyone will feel the same. But I just love this album.

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 18 2009, 02:55 AM
Learning Roadie
I agree rok, the album is great! I especially like scumbag blues and gunman.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 18 2009, 02:58 AM
I need to check this out now!!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 18 2009, 03:07 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (JVM @ Nov 17 2009, 09:55 PM) *
I agree rok, the album is great! I especially like scumbag blues and gunman.

I can't pick a fave... but Gunman is high up on the list for sure.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:44 PM