> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

German Power Metal I: Helloween, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Beat Zbinden
May 25 2015, 09:19 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: German Power Metal I: Helloween by Gabriel Leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 25 2015, 07:13 PM
Instructor
What I like about your takes is always well tuned guitar and in most cases very tight playing. 0:53 - seems like that kind of strings skipping thing still makes a little effort to make it right. It happens again and there is also exactly the same issue - both hands going a bit out of sync. Try to experiment with right hand resting point (height) and pick angle. There is the key to make it work smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2015, 04:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Beat! Great to see you playing some power metal!

This is a very good take. Your playing is tight and precise on most of the parts. I think that some more days of practice will be helpful to feel more comfortable with some chord changes and also with the last section that has some little hand sync issues close to the end of the lesson.

Other than that, this is a great take, keep on rocking.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 28 2015, 07:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'd say that this is a very solid take. You seem pretty relaxed in the video when playing which is very good for a demanding picking lesson like this one. What I notice though are few details which would help you bring the lesson to perfection. Intro riff (up to 0:18) : please compare your playing to Gabriel's in the lesson. He is playing it a bit more staccato and with quite a bit of picking dynamics (how hard he hits the strings). This leads to an intro section which sounds very precise and clean (no noises from ringing strings). Try shortening the note's duration just a bit (by lifting your picking hand fingers) when playing the riff. Your guitar tone is almost the same as in the lesson which is great! Try rolling off a bit of bass frequencies to match it further. When picking section starts (one with single notes picking + power chords) I can hear a bit of general tendency to rush and play in front of the beat. The single notes should be right on top of the double kick drum and bass. You most easily hear this tendency in section where you hit the power chords. Check 0:28 for example, there the power chords should be strummed just a bit later so they match up perfectly with the drums cymbal hits. Since this kind of rushing is perfectly normal when we are under the stress of recording, my advice would be to try purposely to be "just a bit late" and see how the picking/power chords line up with drums then. Overall - very strong take and clear video production.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 1 2015, 06:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:31 PM