Does Anyone Know What Happened To Muris And Emir?
Praetorian
Sep 6 2010, 03:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
They have both vanished. Did they have a falling out with the site or something?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
ZakkWylde
Sep 6 2010, 03:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
I hope they are just too busy right now, it would be sad if they had parted with GMC...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 6 2010, 03:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 6 2010, 10:24 AM) *
I hope they are just too busy right now, it would be sad if they had parted with GMC...

100% agreed. I fear that is what may have happened though. They both just seemed to vanish at the same time. Muris hasn't been on the site since June 13th! Emir since June 17th. Not looking good!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
sted
Sep 6 2010, 03:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
I was thinking this the other day, loads of people have vanished from these pages since I joined but certainly these two are conspicuous by their absence sad.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 6 2010, 03:52 PM
GMC Founder
From what I gather Emir has set off to do his own thing (as far as online teaching goes).

Last time I heard from Muris he told me his schedule was extremely busy - however I certainly hope we will be seeing more of him!

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 6 2010, 04:01 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have seen Emir written on one of his outube vids that he dont have time to be on GMC anymore

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 6 2010, 04:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Well those two are full time musicians, they earn their living with it so I can understand that they don't find the time to teach here anymore. Let's just hope they haven't forgotten about GMC when they get more free time wink.gif

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Sep 6 2010, 05:08 PM
GMC:er
too true, GMC gave muris and emir a lot of exposure

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 6 2010, 05:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hear, hear! smile.gif

They are both wonderful musicians!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 6 2010, 06:18 PM
Instructor
I think they should come back and keep sharing their knowledge!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 7 2010, 02:18 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I see Muris often on the Axe Fx Forum replying once in a while, I catch him once in a while in Facebook. Emir is doing his own thing and said, he didn't have as much time as needed to dedicate himself as a GMC instructor. I see Emir online in Facebook too quite regularly though don't chat that much.

It would be great to have at least Muris back to GMC as I have learnt from him and he has been my inspiration. I would love to take one on one lesson but he seems just too busy doing shows. smile.gif

BTW, I see Muris doing clinics nowadays and Emir posted a video 3 days ago.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by maharzan: Sep 7 2010, 03:32 AM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 7 2010, 04:23 AM
People move on. I'm sure they are both really busy lately and don't have the time to commit right now. I'm sure they'll say hey when they get some more free time.

Either that or they were gutted and really upset when I disappeared for 6 months. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Sep 7 2010, 04:25 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 7 2010, 06:09 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I am sure I have been another cause too... I have been not giving Muris a break and I was asking too much while I was MTPing with Emir.. biggrin.gif

You are correct, no one sticks to anything forever. They move on.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Shime
Sep 7 2010, 08:42 AM
I sincerely hope they'll be back one day. But anyway, they'll always be part of the GMC legacy, Muris has posted some of the most legendary material EVER on this site.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 7 2010, 09:12 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
We've still got their lessons, and I think it is natural that people move on and try to build up something they can call their own, just look at David Walliman. On the one hand, it's a pity they left, but on the other hand, we've got so many great new instructors lately (just look at Ben and Mate, just to name a few) that GMC will always be a great site for guitar students at any level.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Sep 12 2010, 11:41 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Acutally I miss them, too. I myself learned very much from them, they were very friendly. But we have a lot of great new instructors here at GMC, let's hope that they can fill this gap.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:38 AM