New Track Finally Fnished! :), A little darker and more epic than previous one.
eMGie
Aug 21 2012, 08:28 PM
GMC:er
Hello,

I've finally finished my second home-recorded metal song! Please check it out:

http://soundcloud.com/marcin-jakubek/metal-july-2012

Looking forward to recieve some feedback from you guys.

If you like my work and have a soundcloud account please follow me or comment also there! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
Aug 21 2012, 08:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm probably not the best to give you a real critique but that sounded really good to me. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 21 2012, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (eMGie @ Aug 21 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Hello,

I've finally finished my second home-recorded metal song! Please check it out:

http://soundcloud.com/marcin-jakubek/metal-july-2012

Looking forward to recieve some feedback from you guys.

If you like my work and have a soundcloud account please follow me or comment also there! smile.gif

wow... I like it .. sounds dark and heavy..

how did you program the drums?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 22 2012, 01:02 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
First off, add bass. I don't think I can hear any. Bass guitars will always make your guitars seem much more powerful. The drums need some humanization, try the humanizer in reaper (highlight notes and hit the H key). The beginning should be very punchy, but the drums aren't quite sticking out in that regards, add a room reverb to it. You could have a mix as high as 40-50 percent with it, my drums reverb (that I apply to the whole kit) is at 45.5%. Don't apply the reverb and listen to the drums solo though, raise it until you hear the presence just begin to stick out in the mix, because its about making the mix sound best, not making instruments sound best on there own, So go with what benefits the mix most. Most drums have a good amount, to being completely saturated in reverb, because it works in the context of the mix.

The dynamic contrast between the thunder and the mix is off, keeping the thunder low in volume will allow the music entering to become a lot more impacting. The guitar tone and playing seem tight enough, so you got that down.

The solo is way loud though, I had to turn my monitors down a good bit, so lower that.

And lastly, if you can, record and mix with a compressor on your master bus. Keep the setting very light, maybe a 2:1 ratio with a 10-15ms attack, and a longer release. This will keep your mix glued together and create a very cohesive feel in the end. And when the mix is done, then you can mess with the compressor further, along with any mastering aspects you might want to do.

+Quote Post
eMGie
Aug 22 2012, 10:36 AM
Thank you all! cool.gif

how did you program the drums?

Well if it comes to drums I use EZdrummer with Metal Machine expansion. Some of the riffs uses patterns from Metal Machine (ofcourse adjusted), but mostly I write them on my own in midi editor in Cubase.

Hope that is what you wanted to know. smile.gif

This post has been edited by eMGie: Aug 22 2012, 10:38 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 22 2012, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! The track sounds very interesting. I like the different riffs, and the overall feel. Those synth choirs also sound good to me. There are some mixing issues like The Uncreator said but the composition is very promising. Let's see what happens when you add some vocals.
Great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
eMGie
Aug 23 2012, 09:52 PM
Thank you, Gabriel! smile.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Aug 24 2012, 02:34 AM
I have no idea about mixing things and can only speak as a fan of music, but I really liked it especially the choir parts. Good job.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:05 PM