Slow Melody Lesson
Gus
Jun 16 2008, 12:55 AM
GMC:er
Hey man, I just want to say a special thanks for this lesson. I want to learn to shred, but if I have to choose between shredding or well chosen melody, I stay with the second one...

When you suggest to sing the melody, even before playing it, this song which I love came out in my mind tongue.gif You can see in the intro already why...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht4t8S1W-IE

I will try to apply your tips right away!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Jun 17 2008, 03:57 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jun 21 2008, 10:39 PM
Instructor
Thanks!
I'm glad you like the idea!
Keep up the good work my friend!

QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 15 2008, 07:55 PM) *
Hey man, I just want to say a special thanks for this lesson. I want to learn to shred, but if I have to choose between shredding or well chosen melody, I stay with the second one...

When you suggest to sing the melody, even before playing it, this song which I love came out in my mind tongue.gif You can see in the intro already why...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht4t8S1W-IE

I will try to apply your tips right away!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jul 27 2008, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Hey Dave,

Just wanted to let you know the students aren't the only one inspired by this lesson.

I havent had much time in the past couple of months but this lesson really inspired me.

I have begun working a song that was wholly sparked by this lesson.

Here is a little teaser of what it sounds like so far. Hope you like it.

Daniel

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lament_Not.mp3 ( 1.24MB ) Number of downloads: 378

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 20 2008, 04:44 AM
Instructor
Wow, this is a great piece Daniel!
I LOVE THE MELODIES IN THIS ONE!
Wonderful job my friend. Keep up the excellent work!

QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ Jul 27 2008, 12:00 PM) *
Hey Dave,

Just wanted to let you know the students aren't the only one inspired by this lesson.

I havent had much time in the past couple of months but this lesson really inspired me.

I have begun working a song that was wholly sparked by this lesson.

Here is a little teaser of what it sounds like so far. Hope you like it.

Daniel

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
dantrantheman
Oct 30 2008, 05:50 PM
GMC:er
Hi Dave,

Thanks for a great lesson. I have a Line 6 Pod Xt Live for sound effects and my guitar is Epiphone Les Paul, I haven't been able to produce the nice clean tone as you have in the lesson. Do you have to apply "muting" techniques in order to have nice sound like that ? or maybe I just don't know how to set up my amp or the pickups on my guitar are not so great they create a lot of ring noises ?

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Nov 3 2008, 01:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dantrantheman @ Oct 30 2008, 11:50 AM) *
Hi Dave,

Thanks for a great lesson. I have a Line 6 Pod Xt Live for sound effects and my guitar is Epiphone Les Paul, I haven't been able to produce the nice clean tone as you have in the lesson. Do you have to apply "muting" techniques in order to have nice sound like that ? or maybe I just don't know how to set up my amp or the pickups on my guitar are not so great they create a lot of ring noises ?

Hi man!
Finger placement is important to get a clean sound. Mute all the unwanted strings with a combination of your right hand and your left fingers.
Basically, when hitting a note with your left hand, the finger should also slightly touch the string next to it.
I'll publish a lesson dealing with that soon. :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:28 AM