Delta Blues 2
Les Paul
Feb 25 2009, 12:23 AM
GMC:er
Hi Ivan,

This is my take on you lesson. I used picks instead of fingers as my nails were getting all worn-out by steel strings. tongue.gif I played in 110 pbm.

I know there are couples of places in the middle where I was bit off tempo, and couldn’t hit nice clean chords.

Please let me know your suggestions for improvement.

Paul

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  delta_2_takamine_110_Em_20090224_edit.mp3 ( 2MB ) Number of downloads: 494

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 25 2009, 12:36 AM
Instructor
Hey mate,

You played great the notes, and the sound is very nice as well. Almost all the notes came out. I think the main thing you have to work on is rhythm.

This kind of a track is in fast shuffle tempo, so this means that all the licks should follow the tempo. I know it is a bit hard to follow that shuffle feel when on lower tempos, but try to get that blues shuffle feel and really play the notes according to that feel. I think this will make the solo sound much much better. You have the backing tracks in the lesson, and I inserted shuffled blues groove, so you can get a hand of that feel while listening to those drums.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Les Paul
Feb 25 2009, 01:06 AM
GMC:er
I went back to your lesson, and and listen again. I see what you mean about shuffle rhythm. I will work on this. Thanks for your suggestion.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 25 2009, 11:59 PM
Instructor
No prob mate, if you need anything else, please let me know, I will be glad to help.

cheers

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:48 AM