2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Influences
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 24 2008, 04:44 PM
Singing Instructor
Im very intersted who was the main music firure/figures/band in your music interpretation....or your music style of composing your own songs/playing your instrument/singing...

I'l go first.....
Singing:bicouse i schoold my voice I have clean color...But Chris Cornell (in my Grunge faze) influenc my melodys very much...
Composing:I was inspierd by an Serbian(Montengro) songwriter/performer and singer Vlado Georgiev......but just inspierd....
I try my best to be orignal as much as I can.....
....your turn... smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Znaj(delay)...ljubavi svakoj dodje kraj wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 24 2008, 04:55 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 24 2008, 04:49 PM) *

Kad dvoje losih postanu...prijatelji tesko ostanu.... laugh.gif
I woud like to here your answer to this topic...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 24 2008, 05:03 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 24 2008, 03:49 PM) *

?? ...... you made him up laugh.gif

Ooh I dont know this is a tough question, so many influences over the years, to begin with my main influences would be the music of Saxon, Dio, Iron Maiden, samson & Judas Priest, like MickeM the NWOBHM was really my thing, and it still is really.

Guitarists that have influenced me are probably Vivian Campbell (now of Def Leppard) as a huge major influence when learning to play the guitar, others would be Gary Moore, Paul Samson & Glen Tipton.

Through the years other influences have possibly affected some of my playing, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai are to name just a couple, theres really so many that I love listening to that its kinda hard to pick out individuals.

I`m not just saying this to suck up or anything but a real influence I feel has to be Muris & Pavel in my time here at GMC, I find both these guys styles appeal to my own playing style a little, I`m probably way off there maybe its just coz I`d really like to be able to play guitar anywhere near as well as these guys can laugh.gif that isnt to say that other instructors here dont have an influence because they really do! But I find its who I`m listening to at the time that has the biggest influence over my playing.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 24 2008, 05:03 PM
Singing Instructor
hope this topic was not mention in the past...if yes...sorry

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 24 2008, 05:05 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Jan 24 2008, 04:03 PM) *
hope this topic was not mention in the past...if yes...sorry

it doesnt matter, we like talking about our favourite players and influences smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 05:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 24 2008, 05:05 PM) *
it doesnt matter, we like talking about our favourite players and influences smile.gif

Absolutely,no worries Nemanja smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 24 2008, 05:08 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 24 2008, 05:05 PM) *

cool....considernig that artist I metion..Vlado Georgiev...he so is not maid up... laugh.gif
for his last album and single he brought Dominc Miller and Vinnie Coliuta as guitar/drums section...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 24 2008, 05:14 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Jan 24 2008, 04:08 PM) *
he so is not maid up... laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I was only messing, saying that Muris`s first answer was a made up guy lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 05:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Jan 24 2008, 05:08 PM) *
cool....considernig that artist I metion..Vlado Georgiev...he so is not maid up... laugh.gif
for his last album and single he brought Dominc Miller and Vinnie Coliuta as guitar/drums section...

Yeah,and he asked Vinnie to play same things he programmed,can you believe that???? blink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 24 2008, 05:29 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 24 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Yeah,and he asked Vinnie to play same things he programmed,can you believe that???? blink.gif

well...............trying.......trying.............ah......sory can say anithing bad aboth him.... laugh.gif
...hi is my idol at the moment... laugh.gif rolleyes.gif wub.gif

Muris every body here say that you ar great guitar player....who is your inspiration(i woud like to here everybody ofcourse)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 24 2008, 05:29 PM
GMC:er
Tough question..

In general, my biggest influences are Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Ulver and Katatonia. And, that basically means Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Lindgren, Steven Wilson, Kristoffer Rygg and Jonas Renkse. Some of them has made an inpact on me in all musical fields, and some in just some.

When it comes to guitar playing, it's definetly Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Lindgren and Stwven Wilson who have shaped me the most, but for instance, Agalloch has an approach to the guitar playing that I've been inspired by a lot, mostly since they have the abillity to shred, but chose to not do it so much, and same goes for Opeth, their fastest solos are on their debut record, and I actually admire people who chose to not show of their imba shred skillz all the time.

For songwriting, it's basically Mikael Åkerfeldt, Steven Wilson, Garm and Jonas Renkse. They all write amazing songs, in their own ways, and their songs always sound fresh somehow.

But of course, all this is just inspiration, and people I admire a lot. I still try to be myself smile.gif

EDIT: Forgot to mention Jonas Renkse on the songwriting>_>

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Jan 24 2008, 05:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 05:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Jan 24 2008, 05:29 PM) *
well...............trying.......trying.............ah......sory can say anithing bad aboth him.... laugh.gif
...hi is my idol at the moment... laugh.gif rolleyes.gif wub.gif

Muris every body here say that you ar great guitar player....who is your inspiration(i woud like to here everybody ofcourse)

I'm not saying anything bad,just the facts,heard that from Vlada Samardzic,
you know who's Vlada I'm sure. smile.gif

My influences...well...endless list unsure.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 24 2008, 05:36 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jan 24 2008, 05:29 PM) *
Tough question..

In general, my biggest influences are Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Ulver and Katatonia. And, that basically means Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Lindgren, Steven Wilson, Kristoffer Rygg and Jonas Renkse. Some of them has made an inpact on me in all musical fields, and some in just some.

When it comes to guitar playing, it's definetly Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Lindgren and Stwven Wilson who have shaped me the most, but for instance, Agalloch has an approach to the guitar playing that I've been inspired by a lot, mostly since they have the abillity to shred, but chose to not do it so much, and same goes for Opeth, their fastest solos are on their debut record, and I actually admire people who chose to not show of their imba shred skillz all the time.

For songwriting, it's basically Mikael Åkerfeldt, Steven Wilson and Garm. They all write amazing songs, in their own ways, and their songs always sound fresh somehow.

But of course, all this is just inspiration, and people I admire a lot. I still try to be myself smile.gif

thanks for the ownest answer...trying to be your self is the moust dificult thing....

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 24 2008, 05:52 PM
Alex Skolnick - Testament
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Dimebag (diamond) Darrell - Pantera
Albert King
Gary Moore
---
Those are my biggies. wink.gif

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 24 2008, 06:05 PM
Learning Roadie
I dont know there are so much styles and players that I like, so I will just mention some of my favourite players (in no particular order):

Michael Romeo
John Petrucci
Chet Atkins
Muris Varajic
Marcus Lavendell
Buckethead
Dimebag
John Fruciante
Pat Travers (havent heard much of him, but what I heard was cool)

and much more...
You can see that the styles of the players are pretty different wink.gif

This post has been edited by chast: Jan 24 2008, 08:46 PM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 24 2008, 07:32 PM
In no order-

Dimebag
Marty Friedman
James Hetfield
Zakk Wylde
Randy Rhoads
Yngwie Malmsteen
Steve Vai
John Petrucci
Dave Mustain
Jimi Hendrix
SRV

and alot more wink.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 24 2008, 09:05 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
There are so many for me. Here are very few.

Guitar Influences:
Dave Murray (Iron Maiden)
Janick Gers (Iron Maiden)
Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Peter Lindgren (Opeth)
Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth)
John Kempainen (The Black Dahlia Murder)
Brian Eschbach (The Black Dahlia Murder)
Michael Amott (Arch Enemy)
Christopher Amott (Arch Enemy)
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Pat O'Brien (Cannibal Corpse)
Jani Liimatainen (Sonata Arctica)
Syu (Galneryus)
Andy Mckee
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Damir Simic-Shime

Vocals:
Trevor Strnad (The Black Dahlia Murder)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
Jamie Hooper (3 Inches Of Blood)
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Mark Jansen (Epica)
Johan Hegg (Amon Amarth)

Many more, but the list would be way to long smile.gif
For lyrical composition everything i listen to influences me, from books, movies, the music i hear, writers just any and everything.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 24 2008, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 24 2008, 09:57 PM
Singing Instructor

For lyrical composition everything i listen to influences me, from books, movies, the music i hear, writers just any and everything.
[/quote]

interesting subject...lyrical.....influences...I nevere toght about it i that way.......

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 24 2008, 10:56 PM
Well from recent things I composed the most common reaction is that it sounds like a combination of Opeth, Dire Straits, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and it's preety much true as iv'e been listening to those 3 bands quite a bit recently and learned to play alot of their songs.

So yeah, those 3 are the main influences I got at the moment laugh.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:39 PM