2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Are Your Current Goals
PosterBoy
Oct 5 2012, 10:09 AM
Learning Roadie
Mine

Technique and fretboard knowledge

Get my legato and alt picking up to a decent and useful speed

Have major scale patterns and pentatonic patterns firmly drilled into my fingers (muscle memory) and brain.

These two will work together, using the trusty http://bouncemetronome.com/ as my ever faithful side kick.

I'll be working on my scale positions using 16th note and triplets and with intervallic patterns, string groupings (eg. one string, two string, 3 string patterns), and runs.

and just so I'm not relying on pattern shapes, learn and identify my note and interval names for each.

I'll also be playing and learning music, riffs and licks so I can use this stuff in musical ways.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 5 2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor
My goals are to get better at programming drums/arranging and get better at mixing. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nether
Oct 5 2012, 11:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 5 2012, 11:09 AM) *
Mine

Technique and fretboard knowledge

Get my legato and alt picking up to a decent and useful speed

Have major scale patterns and pentatonic patterns firmly drilled into my fingers (muscle memory) and brain.

These two will work together, using the trusty http://bouncemetronome.com/ as my ever faithful side kick.

I'll be working on my scale positions using 16th note and triplets and with intervallic patterns, string groupings (eg. one string, two string, 3 string patterns), and runs.

and just so I'm not relying on pattern shapes, learn and identify my note and interval names for each.

I'll also be playing and learning music, riffs and licks so I can use this stuff in musical ways.

Looks like you have a solid plan. I think i'm gonna copy it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
Oct 5 2012, 11:34 AM
Instructor
My main goal for a long time is to make my time feel as strong as it even can be!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Oct 5 2012, 12:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Build up legato and alternate picking speed, get a cleaner sound with the two of these, learn different sweep patterns and get faster with them and ultimately learn how to utilize things that I learn from the lessons here at GMC.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2012, 03:59 PM
Instructor
One of my current goals is to incorporate new sounds and styles to my compositions.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bossie
Oct 5 2012, 07:13 PM
Hotel california solo...

+Quote Post
Andre Nieri
Oct 5 2012, 08:24 PM
Improve my improvisation skills, better recording and mixing, better composition skills!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Oct 5 2012, 08:29 PM
Goal for the day is finishing moving my room around to put in surround speakers.. I started this.. 5 hours ago, in the middle came food and Borderlands 2. Now GMC, maybe after that I will finish sometime today.

Guitar wise, I've been working my picking. Alternate picking, single strings, few notes per strings, and string skipping. It's rather hard doing all of this slow, but it feels its paying off overall!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 6 2012, 08:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Oct 5 2012, 08:29 PM) *
Goal for the day is finishing moving my room around to put in surround speakers.. I started this.. 5 hours ago, in the middle came food and Borderlands 2.

laugh.gif

Love it !! Games and fodder have to be squeezed in somewhere ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 6 2012, 11:12 AM
my goal is to brign my musical ideas into my playing....especially when it comes to playing solos..
so learning different things and trying to implement them so that I can play what I really want to play...

gmc lessons I am working on:
legato metal riffs
tasty etude
running around
bminor ballad soloing
5 styles solo (different parts)
hammer on pull off etude

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Oct 10 2012, 06:26 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Goals:
- Add more expression in my playing : vibrato and bends
- Be comfortable with sweep picking
- Get faster with AP

--------------------

+Quote Post
eMGie
Oct 10 2012, 06:32 PM
My goals:

- Record more classical music metal arrangements
- Compose new song
- Start creating some orchestral tracks
- Continue practicing my favourite techniques

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 10 2012, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
For me its nailing my bands song and write more songs.

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 11 2012, 05:52 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 5 2012, 06:12 AM) *
My goals are to get better at programming drums/arranging and get better at mixing. smile.gif

I hear that! Drum programming is a bit of a HUGE pain for me. I enjoy playing drums, I just hate programming them. Making a nice triplet based djenty polyrythm seems far more complex than it should be. To whit, I broke down and just bought some spiff midi from Ola Englund (comes on his special edition disc) and I must say he has a gift for it. Just looking at his midi tracks has been insightful.

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 11 2012, 06:49 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 11 2012, 05:52 PM) *
I hear that! Drum programming is a bit of a HUGE pain for me. I enjoy playing drums, I just hate programming them. Making a nice triplet based djenty polyrythm seems far more complex than it should be. To whit, I broke down and just bought some spiff midi from Ola Englund (comes on his special edition disc) and I must say he has a gift for it. Just looking at his midi tracks has been insightful.

Do you know if he actually gets someone (himself?) to play the midi in, or does he genuinely just do it note for note? Cause his drum parts are phenomenal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Oct 11 2012, 06:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Oct 10 2012, 05:26 PM) *
Goals:
- Add more expression in my playing : vibrato and bends
- Be comfortable with sweep picking
- Get faster with AP

Haha really? Your going to pop a tendon if you go too much faster.

My goal is to get half of Opeth's AP speed.

And @#$%ing legato.

--------------------

+Quote Post
korblitz
Oct 11 2012, 07:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Learn the order of sharps.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 11 2012, 09:40 PM
Learning Roadie
That should take you an evening of concentration Korblitz

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 12 2012, 09:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 11 2012, 05:52 PM) *

Cool !!

Yeah, recently I realised there were some things that I hadn't really been doing like altering hi-hat velocity so that the hits that coincide with the snare are hardest (or stay the same as their default setting) and I lower the ones in between.

I also remembered that drummers use crash cymbals more often for beats, not just crash hits. That also sometimes takes a bit of playing with the velocity to get it so it doesn't just sound like a big noise.

The other thing I realised/remembered was that drummers don't just play one crash cymbal during big moments, you can have kick & 2 crashes simultaneously in places where the drummer would have time to physically do so smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 12 2012, 09:34 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:13 PM