3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
For The Love Of God By Steve Vai, played by me
Tolek
Feb 8 2009, 12:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (utak3r @ Feb 8 2009, 12:55 AM) *
Yeah, that's only two songs of him I like, too smile.gif

Really nice take, well done!
Now I'm writing from the memory, but on the beginning part shouldn't there being some harmonics added?

I don´t think so... smile.gif

Dzieki.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
helo92
Feb 8 2009, 10:57 PM
GMC:er
WOW!!!

awesome playing and tone smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 8 2009, 11:44 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow Tolek that was impressive mate, really. And the tone is perfect too. Keep posting vids like this!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Feb 8 2009, 11:53 PM
Instructor
This is cool Tolek! Vai himself smile.gif Really like it!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 8 2009, 11:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (helo92 @ Feb 8 2009, 10:57 PM) *
WOW!!!

awesome playing and tone smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Thanks. smile.gif If you like the tone, you can download it. I posted it early in this topic.

QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 8 2009, 11:44 PM) *
Wow Tolek that was impressive mate, really. And the tone is perfect too. Keep posting vids like this!

Thank you, Fran! I´ll try to work on some other songs and show videos. smile.gif

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Feb 8 2009, 11:53 PM) *
This is cool Tolek! Vai himself smile.gif Really like it!

Dziekuje bardzo. To dopiero komplement, ale niestety nieprawda. biggrin.gif Jeszcze czas nie przyszedl zeby byc jak Vai. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Feb 8 2009, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Feb 8 2009, 11:59 PM
Instructor
Wow Tolek , don't get me wrong. I really really like your take. Souds powerfull and Vai-like.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 12:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Feb 8 2009, 11:59 PM) *
Wow Tolek , don't get me wrong. I really really like your take. Souds powerfull and Vai-like.

Haha. biggrin.gif I think you got me wrong. I meant that your comment was certainly a compliment, but not the truth, I´m not as good as Master Vai himself. smile.gif
Thanks anyway, that´s very kind. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Feb 9 2009, 12:21 AM
Instructor
This is excellent take Tolek, your tone is just great and you have a good feeling in fingers smile.gif

I agree with Muris, you have to concentrate on slower parts, you tend to hurry, start earlier and fall out of tempo. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 9 2009, 01:00 AM
Instructor
Very nice Tolek!
I agree that your tone is remarkable!
Great playing man.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 03:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Dejan Farkas @ Feb 9 2009, 12:21 AM) *
This is excellent take Tolek, your tone is just great and you have a good feeling in fingers smile.gif

I agree with Muris, you have to concentrate on slower parts, you tend to hurry, start earlier and fall out of tempo. smile.gif

Thanks. smile.gif Yes, indeed I have rhythm/coordination problems. Something´s wrong in my brain. When I was young, I couldn´t even stand on one leg. laugh.gif

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 9 2009, 01:00 AM) *
Very nice Tolek!
I agree that your tone is remarkable!
Great playing man.

Thanks, David, it means a lot. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 9 2009, 10:57 PM
Instructor
well, this really really is a great take.
it´s not an easy one from S-V. so, I know you worked hard.
basicly is an awesome take. you play the whole song, with some problems in several parts, but it´s awesome anyway.
the tone, well... biggrin.gif I tried it myself and it´s really great!

I agree on the point you hurry up in some parts, but I think you could improve that just playing the song a few times more.

congrats man!
hope to see more advanced videos from you soon!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 10:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Feb 9 2009, 10:57 PM) *
well, this really really is a great take.
it´s not an easy one from S-V. so, I know you worked hard.
basicly is an awesome take. you play the whole song, with some problems in several parts, but it´s awesome anyway.
the tone, well... biggrin.gif I tried it myself and it´s really great!

I agree on the point you hurry up in some parts, but I think you could improve that just playing the song a few times more.

congrats man!
hope to see more advanced videos from you soon!

That´s kind, Lian! biggrin.gif Such comments motivate me to practise harder and get better and better. Thanks. smile.gif

You said that you´re going to try that tone on some professional equipment. Can you show me some take with it? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 9 2009, 11:05 PM
Instructor
yeah, man, no problem, I´ll send you a PM when I do it. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 11:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Feb 9 2009, 11:05 PM) *
yeah, man, no problem, I´ll send you a PM when I do it. wink.gif

Great! Really cool, thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 10 2009, 01:06 AM
Jazz Instructor
Great tone, and nice playing. My favorite Vais song!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 10 2009, 03:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Feb 10 2009, 01:06 AM) *
Great tone, and nice playing. My favorite Vais song!

Thank you. smile.gif It´s also one of my favourite songs in general.

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 10 2009, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Great Tolek, nice tone, a little dry which is better to practice and hear yourself clearly. You have the whole thing almost note by note, good work, keep it up.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 10 2009, 03:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Feb 10 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Great Tolek, nice tone, a little dry which is better to practice and hear yourself clearly. You have the whole thing almost note by note, good work, keep it up.

Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:22 PM