Issues With Locking Tuners
Saint_arc
Nov 24 2008, 04:44 AM
GMC:er
I have locking tuners on my Parker Fly and seem to be having issues with few of them. My High E seems to have a issue. The Bottom of the locking mechanism that turns is sticking out alot more now than ever. And now I seem to be having issues with my high E staying in tune. Anyone ever had this issue?

Mike

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 24 2008, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Is it the locking mechanism that is faulty? If so you can always buy another more quality one, they are not too expensive.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Nov 25 2008, 06:04 AM
Its just to much to think about what is wrong. I am just going to have to replace the locking tuner I guess. I really don't have the time to fool with it. From what it looks like though it looks like maybe the screw in the back may have been stripped but it is kind of hard to tell. I have broken 3 new strings trying to figure out what was wrong. Other than that I don't know what could be wrong. Never encountered this before.

Mike

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 25 2008, 02:11 PM
Instructor
I can't really tell unless I examine the guitar, or see some pictures, but if you are having continuous difficulties, then just swap the thing, it may be the wisest thing to do mate.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 25 2008, 02:21 PM
Take it to a professional to look at. A lot of places will give a quick free appraisal especially if you go to the shop where you bought the guitar. I have 2 Parker guitars and have never had this problem. The lockers are awesome.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:01 PM