New Hardrock Guitar Max 1000€, LTD EC1000, Morpheus II ... Alternatives?
deWeLL
Jul 31 2007, 02:08 PM
GMC:er
Hey,

I'm looking for THE new guitar, one I keep all my life :-) (that doens't mean it has to be a 2500$ Custom Shop Gibson/PRS)

Here are the requirements:

Price: max 1000$/€ ...
Shape: PRS or Les Paul style, no strat (too prissy) and no metal axe (I've got already a mockingbird "Vampirella", but it's just good for being easy on the eyes)
Color: Black Cherry (like the LTD EC1000) or another red-to-black burst
Config: 24 frets would be nice, a nice binding and inlays, a short scale would maybe comply with my demands
Tremolo:NO Floyd Rose, I want a basic tremolo or none ...
PUs: 2 Humbucker or eventually 2 Hum & 1 SingleCoil ... Seymour Duncan or EMG ... don't know
MUSIC: 60% Hardrock (the Hardrock lessons by Gabriel are exactly to my taste), 30% Blues Rock, 10% Metal ... and I like for example JerryC's CanonRock and the like ...

I found some interesting guitars myself ... the ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 Black Cherry is awesome, someone told me I should replace the 81er EMG if i buy it ...
And I like the Zerberus Morpheus II ... it looks great but I have no possibility to play it at the moment :-( and it's expensive (about 1300€) ...

Do you have an idea which guitar I should test as well? Thanks for your help :-)

Dennis

Here some pictures of guitars I like:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by deWeLL: Jul 31 2007, 02:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 31 2007, 02:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Emg humbuckers are not ideal for hard rock, you better use gibson burstbuckers or those DiMarzios that Slash uses. What about a used gibson les paul/sg from ebay.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
deWeLL
Jul 31 2007, 04:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jul 31 2007, 03:23 PM) *
Emg humbuckers are not ideal for hard rock, you better use gibson burstbuckers or those DiMarzios that Slash uses. What about a used gibson les paul/sg from ebay.

Hey ... hm I feared you would say that, hehe ... a SG is quite out of question, i just don't like it ...

A Gibson would be nice, but I would have to take a simple Gibson, i was looking for some exclusiveness ... mmh and i won't get a Gibson with the appearance I want within my price margin ...

Someone offered me a Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony .. about 850€ ... *phew* I have to reflect ...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:56 AM