Pinch Harmonics
xucphra
Dec 23 2007, 06:30 AM
GMC:er
All right. I am having a terrible difficulty with these. As in MASSIVE. I get the harmonic every 1/100 times, and even then it doesn't sound right. I've followed all the instructions and all, but it just doesn't seem to come out right. Does anyone have any advice for me? huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Dec 23 2007, 06:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk
Here's what I used to learn them, also I thought of using a "digging" motion starting way deep and coming up through it until I could do them like second nature, try many different approaches (digging, barely getting your thumb to touch ect.) and if you get one try that approach many times to see if you can recreate it, if not try another approach. (P.S. sorry about the nasty fingernails in the video laugh.gif)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by swingline: Dec 23 2007, 06:47 AM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 23 2007, 07:14 AM
pinch harmonics/artificial harmonics is something that requires alot of practice and time to get, and it will eventually happen, just like that, like out of nowhere, at least thats what happened to me, just keep practicing them,

remember, flesh of thumb after picking the string!, also try using different spots on the pickups and different pickups as well using the pickup selector swtich

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 23 2007, 10:21 AM
Instructor
There you go:

http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-g...onics/index.htm

It's a lesson dedicated to harmonics smile.gif And btw. i suggest you use a simple black font in your posts as this green is really making it impossible to read - some of us use LCD's here and it's almost unreadable smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 23 2007, 11:17 AM
Instructor
Everything comes with practice and patience. Just keep practicing and you'll get there. Pinchin' harmonics is something you learn in a period of 6 months-years to do it properly so.. Keep rockin smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 23 2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I assumed as much. I'm having a problem doing the motion. When I go to 'dig', I end up strumming another sting. sad.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 23 2007, 10:05 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 23 2007, 10:21 PM) *

Yeah, this lesson helped me a lot smile.gif

Just keep practicing and you'll get it. Set the gain to 10. I set my treble:7, middle:7.5, bass:5. That works for me. Use the neck pickup.Set the tone knobs on your guitar to full. And practice! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 23 2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, the practice part is the hardest happy.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:13 PM