Possible Guitar Project Design ;)
ChrisVdS
Sep 14 2008, 11:18 PM
GMC:er
Heello boys and girls i was browsing the web finding out if i could find a Mohogany RG body and i came across this site from a guy in the UK that builds Ibanez guitars and you can have him build just anything you want. If we can believe what he says so i tought i try designing something that looks good and would be a nice guitar for playing blues. I disigned it in a way that it would have some characteristics from a strat but in the body of an RG because RG's rule wink.gif I love strats but those C shaped strat necks are not very comfortable for playing at least not for me sad.gif
Pretty cool don't you think?

Specs:

Mohogany RG body (yes you can have the monkey grip like a jem has)
Edge pro bridge
3 single coil pickups dunno what to pick yet so suggest something if you like wink.gif
maple Wizard prestige like neck with rosewood fretboard with the tree of life inlay
24 jumbo frets
5 way pick up selector
1 tone and 1 volume control
white pearloid pickguard

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ChrisVdS: Sep 14 2008, 11:29 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Sep 14 2008, 11:20 PM
Acoustic Instructor
What a nice guitar 

very cool  smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 14 2008, 11:23 PM
Instructor
That guitar looks pretty slick, I guess it will play slick as well smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kjutte
Sep 15 2008, 02:57 PM
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Sep 15 2008, 12:18 AM) *
Heello boys and girls i was browsing the web finding out if i could find a Mohogany RG body and i came across this site from a guy in the UK that builds Ibanez guitars and you can have him build just anything you want. If we can believe what he says so i tought i try designing something that looks good and would be a nice guitar for playing blues. I disigned it in a way that it would have some characteristics from a strat but in the body of an RG because RG's rule wink.gif I love strats but those C shaped strat necks are not very comfortable for playing at least not for me sad.gif
Pretty cool don't you think?

Specs:

Mohogany RG body (yes you can have the monkey grip like a jem has)
Edge pro bridge
3 single coil pickups dunno what to pick yet so suggest something if you like wink.gif
maple Wizard prestige like neck with rosewood fretboard with the tree of life inlay
24 jumbo frets
5 way pick up selector
1 tone and 1 volume control
white pearloid pickguard

I like it, though I think the bridge should atleast have a humbucker (maybe a splitted one ,that can be both hum and single.)

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 15 2008, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Really cool, I love RG's. Never seen one with 3 single coils, I personally like the mid-low output hum cancellling strat replacement. I don't use pure single coils because of the hum, I just can't deal with it unless I play clean no distortion all

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
kjutte
Sep 15 2008, 03:26 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Sep 15 2008, 04:10 PM) *
Really cool, I love RG's. Never seen one with 3 single coils, I personally like the mid-low output hum cancellling strat replacement. I don't use pure single coils because of the hum, I just can't deal with it unless I play clean no distortion all

You get hum cancelling singlecoils too now. Must say I love both buckers and singles though.

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Sep 15 2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah an HSS configuration could be nice but i need to check if this company could really make this guitar the way i want it if they can i will probably have them make it early next year.

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Matt23
Sep 15 2008, 06:16 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
That design looks cool. What is this company by the way id like to check it out.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Sep 15 2008, 06:58 PM
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Sep 15 2008, 07:15 PM) *
Yeah an HSS configuration could be nice but i need to check if this company could really make this guitar the way i want it if they can i will probably have them make it early next year.

They won't accept the fretboard though, because it's Vai's stuff. You gotta make something unique for the fretboard.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 15 2008, 08:10 PM
Instructor
That looks killer, what was the website you found this on? smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
bsamn
Sep 15 2008, 08:14 PM
Yea what website is it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 15 2008, 09:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Guitar seems very good mate !! If he is a good guitar builder your in for a treat smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Sep 16 2008, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Sep 15 2008, 07:58 PM) *
They won't accept the fretboard though, because it's Vai's stuff. You gotta make something unique for the fretboard.

They will they actually make those necks with the tree of life inlay themselves.

this is the website: http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com

just browse around and you find VRG it's easy to use and addictive wink.gif

This post has been edited by ChrisVdS: Sep 16 2008, 03:58 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Matt23
Sep 16 2008, 03:59 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
That's cool, how much do they cost?

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Sep 16 2008, 04:18 PM
looks great

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Sep 16 2008, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Sep 16 2008, 04:59 PM) *
That's cool, how much do they cost?

You should check the site for prices of the various parts but my guess is that it would be in the price range of the RG prestige 2550's so around 1000 euros . But i still need to check everything can be done so it will exactly like i want it to be.

This post has been edited by ChrisVdS: Sep 16 2008, 06:21 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 16 2008, 09:41 PM
Instructor
That's a pretty good price, considering the specs smile.gif

For pickups don't know if you have to go for SSS combo?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:16 PM