Guthrie Presents The New Charvel Prototype
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2013, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Honestly speaking, I've never been into Charvel guitars, but now... I am smile.gif

He says... work in progress biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 28 2013, 08:57 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I would love to make one with similar specs. smile.gif I like the cooked maple neck especially. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Feb 28 2013, 09:51 PM
Tone Seeker
The guitar looks okay but the playing, THE PLAYING my God smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 1 2013, 12:30 AM
GMC:er
Wow... that's nice----or is Guthrie Govan just too damn good!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 1 2013, 01:40 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (WeePee @ Feb 28 2013, 02:51 PM) *
The guitar looks okay but the playing, THE PLAYING my God smile.gif

My thoughts exactly.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 1 2013, 09:12 AM
Learning Roadie
It really isn't much different to the one his signature Suhr guitar, the biggest difference it the money Charvel/Fender have to promote and advance him as an artist.

I've always loved the hot rod Fender Strat look San Dimas Charvels. I think Luxxtone are doing an even better job of that now, though there is a price difference

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2013, 09:27 AM
Instructor
If you are to ask me - that guitar has got Guthrie written all over it - just because we can compare it with the Suhr smile.gif But frankly speaking, I think that this guy can make a piece of cardboard with badminton pallet strings sound like the most wonderful axe out there!

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Mar 1 2013, 01:09 PM
I'm sure he could make a piece of plywood with string on it sound half decent, but this guitar does sound awesome. The Frankfurt Jazz festival video is a good chance to hear it in a gig setting.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 1 2013, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Every time that I see Guthrie playing, I want to practice guitar. He is SO inspiring. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 1 2013, 07:19 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I like the look of this Charvel prototype. A he says about the maple birds-eye, "Its pretty, but not annoyingly pretty". biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2013, 09:33 AM
Instructor
With that amazing accent of his smile.gif

What sort of price do you guys think that this guitar will have?

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 2 2013, 06:15 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 2 2013, 08:33 AM) *
What sort of price do you guys think that this guitar will have?

I was wondering the same thing. It wouldn't surprise me if it is ridiculously priced for around $3000.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2013, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 2 2013, 05:15 PM) *
I was wondering the same thing. It wouldn't surprise me if it is ridiculously priced for around $3000.

Are Charvel guitars THAT expensive? Dunno why, but I always thought they are not an expensive brand - just browsing on Thomann.de - the online music store and I haven't seen anything to go over 800 EUR

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 3 2013, 06:26 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 3 2013, 09:25 AM) *
Are Charvel guitars THAT expensive? Dunno why, but I always thought they are not an expensive brand - just browsing on Thomann.de - the online music store and I haven't seen anything to go over 800 EUR

Charvel has a decent range from affordable (Desolation series and San Dimas Japan made) to expensive... the custom shop Charvel's and DeMartini sigs are in the 2-3000 range. While the Suhr models all range from expensive to very expensive. I just figured for Guthrie to leave Suhr he would be expecting the same high end materials and specs for his guitar. The finest woods and construction here all point towards an expensive guitar. Of course I'm speculating, I hope it is affordable so I can at least dream of having one. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2013, 08:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 3 2013, 05:26 PM) *
Charvel has a decent range from affordable (Desolation series and San Dimas Japan made) to expensive... the custom shop Charvel's and DeMartini sigs are in the 2-3000 range. While the Suhr models all range from expensive to very expensive. I just figured for Guthrie to leave Suhr he would be expecting the same high end materials and specs for his guitar. The finest woods and construction here all point towards an expensive guitar. Of course I'm speculating, I hope it is affordable so I can at least dream of having one. biggrin.gif

I'm with you on this one mate - Suhr means uber expensive, so whatever change he made, I hope he made it in such a way so that us mortals could enjoy these new axes smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Mar 6 2013, 09:56 AM
CHARVEL Guitars KICKS ARSES!!!

HAd one 80's japanese model with active pickup Boost and it kicked arsess , better guitar then any of other simmilar EMG- equiped modern guitars!!!

BTw., newer Charvel guitars still kick arsesss!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 6 2013, 06:46 PM
The other Charvel sig models start at $3200.00.

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Mar 8 2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks for sharing man! I've always been a big Guthrie fan, and one day I hope to own a Suhr, but if this Charvel becomes a signature model that's cheaper than his Suhr was I may have a new item on my gear list... wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2013, 09:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Mar 8 2013, 05:13 AM) *
Thanks for sharing man! I've always been a big Guthrie fan, and one day I hope to own a Suhr, but if this Charvel becomes a signature model that's cheaper than his Suhr was I may have a new item on my gear list... wink.gif

You can say that again smile.gif If money will become a thing of great commodity for me in the future, I will get a Suhr and a Charvel, just to have'em both biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Mar 9 2013, 04:13 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 8 2013, 08:50 AM) *
You can say that again smile.gif If money will become a thing of great commodity for me in the future, I will get a Suhr and a Charvel, just to have'em both biggrin.gif

Oh now you're just getting greedy. wink.gif Haha! When that day comes you'll have to let me try them out. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:14 PM