> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Blues Soloing - Beginner/Intermediate, Lesson By Ivan Milenkovic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

mhskeide
Dec 8 2019, 11:31 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: Blues Soloing - Beginner/Intermediate by Ivan Milenkovic

Revisiting lessons I have attempted and failed. Hopefully some improvement this time :)

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=59582

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2019, 03:39 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!!

I have to say that it's awesome to compare this new take with the previous one! I notice awesome improvements regarding everything I've commented in your previous take. The most relevant element improved here is pitch when phrasing, bending and doing vibrato. This improvement has taken your overall playing to a new level.

I also think that your tone is better here as well as your timing feel. You can keep these licks into your diary practice for a while to make them of your own, but this definitely passed.

GREAT job!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 11 2019, 09:32 AM
GMC Founder
Wow what a lovely take - made me want to get up and dance!

Sound, groove & timing is all great here!

I would say the most important area to work on would be your vibrato - try to listen to the subtleties of other player's vibrato/bending and try to get a bit more 'fire' going. Vibrato is how you show the listener that you really mean what you are saying!

Killer job here- you get a 9 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 11 2019, 02:44 PM
Instructor
After reading your info I've decided to go back to your previous take, then go to listen to original and...finally....play your brand new take smile.gif Your first take was missing some air from both - tone setup and your hands. What you did now i much closer to original.

I liked the way you've executed the ornament sweep from high to low strings with such an ease. You do something bonus that feels very familiar too me personally - instead of using regular picking(as in the original) You've added some hybrid picking. Keep in mind it affects the tonal response of your take. Let's leave it to personal taste of every listener.

There are lot's of unregular licks in this lesson. No wonder - that's how blues feels. In general the sense of time in blues playing is way different than funk and progressive metal for example. The time flows and is not square. I think Ivan had some hard time trying to transcribe every note.

As for dynamics I think you did not nailed the thing yet. You are missing the "bitiest" part. You need to spend some time experimenting with your picking. some notes that are clearly accented and have lot's of brilliance in original, do not translate same in your take. Try to get some more bite from the pick being pushed through the string....a kind of pick slap instead of just making a stronger wrist motion. That's where sharpest picking comes from and it doesn't take much of additional strength.

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 17 2019, 10:55 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:07 PM