3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Xbox 360 Or Ps3
VinceG
Nov 7 2007, 01:56 PM
GMC:er
So whats better? Are both even and a matter of preference or is one more superior to the other. I just saw a demo for Assassin's Creed and I want it. I might be getting a "next gen" system for the holiday, so hopefully you guys can give an advice on which I should ask for/pick up.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Nov 7 2007, 01:57 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Nov 7 2007, 02:01 PM
I have not tried xbox or PS3. I'm for PC all the way!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maximus
Nov 7 2007, 02:07 PM
I played both and bought the ps3. Right now the games are comparable but the PS3 has more room to grow and accept more complex and resource draining games in the future.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
peterorg54
Nov 7 2007, 02:13 PM
i had 360 and have a ps3. :]

i sold 360 and bought ps3.
because 360 freezes a lot. and ps3 doesn't. biggrin.gif

i think graphics are just almost same.

and to play online live game, u should pay for it on 360. and ps3 is free. biggrin.gif (which is my most favorite)

and the problem: CD titles.. sad.gif

360 has a lot of cds by now.. but there aren't many cds on ps3 now.. cuz it just came out..
so if u think u can wait untill cds come out, just wait biggrin.gif

or suggest u to buy 360 first, and return it in 12months.. and sold , then buy ps3.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
(which is what i did .. biggrin.gif)

well , i could return it in 12 months at my store.. biggrin.gif COSTCO rules !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
spdalton
Nov 7 2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah the graphics are about equal really.
360 has Halo. There is no PS game that can beat multilayer halo really.
It's also getting Mass Effect very soon which, if you're like me and are a fan of Bioware and RPGs, will be awesome.

The game base for 360 certainly is larger at the moment, and it will take a while for the PS3 to catch up but there's nothing stopping it doing so.

It really depends on what games you like at the moment, as that is all that differentiates the two systems, IMO.

There is still no preferred format of Blu ray or HDDVD so both are equally viable formats.

360 connects seamlessly with any windows pc that has XP or above which is a bonus, as it can be used as a pretty comprehensive media extender. I'm not too sure on how the PS3 compares in that respect.

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 7 2007, 04:27 PM
QUOTE (Maximus @ Nov 7 2007, 02:07 PM) *
I played both and bought the ps3. Right now the games are comparable but the PS3 has more room to grow and accept more complex and resource draining games in the future.

Agrees.
My hopes are in PS3 because of the hardware and choise of OS. I will buy neither until it's possible to mod them AND run XBMC on one of them. The gaming is just a positive side effect to me. Can be fun for a few hours but thats all, I'm pretty sick of all game genres. What I need and want is the next generation of mediacenter with XBMC.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 7 2007, 06:14 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (peterorg54 @ Nov 7 2007, 02:13 PM) *
i sold 360 and bought ps3.
because 360 freezes a lot. and ps3 doesn't. biggrin.gif

That was probably the hardware issue that's with 360's. Don't know what breaks but a lot of people seem to have it, I got the freezing screen too and MS had UPS pick mine up at my door step and sent it for repair though I got a new one in return.
This may sound silly since it broke and I should perhaps be an unsatisfied customer but I'm very happy with the way MS treated the whole deal. No questions asked and repair at no cost. Well, I wouldn't accept to have it any other way I just assume Sony or anyone else would handle it so smooth. tongue.gif

Then which is better, I don't know, they probably match eachother pretty well. 360 has been out for a while, PS3 will soon have the better games, MS will release a new 360 before the next PS4 and in a while be on top. So that part will just shift, if someone wants whats best today just be active and change between the two, like peterorg54, when whichever is on top.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 7 2007, 06:18 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 7 2007, 07:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Both are worth the buy, PS3 Will be better than 360, but it isnt yet, because PS3 Had a bad launch, and doesnt have very many games out right now.

ive never had my 360 freeze, works great, just get the Pro version or the Elite and all should be good.

PS3 Does have a better graphics engine, but barely.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Nov 7 2007, 07:34 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 7 2007, 09:40 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I'm also planning on using the PS3 as a media center - you can get some nifty software called TVersity that runs on a PC and acts as a media server for lots of devices, 360 and Ps3 included, so you don't need to wait for XBMC .. worth a look anyway, I haven't tried it with a PS3 yet though.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Nov 7 2007, 09:41 PM
On another note, the Xbox online service is only like 50 bucks, and it is way better than the PS3's. Anthother thing is- in most games that come out for both the 360 and PS3, the framerate in the PS3 version is worse.Here's an example of one of the worst ones that they have put out:

Rainbow 6

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 7 2007, 09:48 PM
Well, since silent hill 5 and metal gear solid 4 are gonna be on ps3, i ll choose the.......COMMODORE 64!
laugh.gif biggrin.gif Ps3 of course biggrin.gif (dont have the money though...)

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Francisca
Nov 8 2007, 12:22 AM
I'd go for the 360 purely because it has and will have more games to play with than the PS3. The major reason is that many developers are holding back on thePS3 because developing games on the new system is so awkward and extremely complex.

Innovation is nice and all, but if it makes you cry just to try and develop a decent game for it then perhaps it went a bit too far.

I used to be a Playstation fan, but the PS3 is the first in the series that I will not be buying.

On a side note, of course there are those who think learning the new skills required is no other than what a developer had to go through working on the Xbox 360. See http://www.gamingforumwars.com/gamingfourmwar-about279.html

This post has been edited by Francisca: Nov 8 2007, 12:27 AM

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Nov 8 2007, 12:39 AM
360 here. Had the original XBOX and love the 360.

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
bricktop
Nov 8 2007, 12:49 AM
I'd say get the one where the games you like the most are. Remember the PS3 can play a bunch of ps2 titles now, and you can watch blu-ray movies too. It does make it easier that it's all built into one machine. It's just so darn expensive I think... the 40gb stay away from, they cut a lot of corners..

I used to own an xbox360 and the 3 red lights of death left a bad taste in my mouth, this was before xbox decided to fix all the units. Halo is so overrated, the first one was fun because it was different, but I didn't even play Halo 2, only the multiplayer. And then you have to listen to a bunch of whiny 12 year olds over xbox live. Xbox live had a lot going for it, but everything comes with a cost, downloadable shows, games, they all cost something.

I'm trying to find a Ninteno Wii, and here in the states it is still very hard to find! It's got to be doing well, sales wise, and it doesn't have the best graphics, but games that are fun is where it hits a home run.

I'm more a pc gamer, so we still have a ps2 for the kids, I think we'll end up getting a wii since I don't play anymore, just playing guitar now!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 8 2007, 01:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
360 has far more games and it has some hits like gears of war,halo3 ...
PS3 has (right now) absolutely nothing worth playing exept for multi console games that you can also play on xbox. The last thing is the price: guess which one is cheaper and offers more...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 8 2007, 01:44 AM
PS3 Why? Because of this...
That's not until next year though...

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 8 2007, 01:47 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 7 2007, 09:40 PM) *
I'm also planning on using the PS3 as a media center - you can get some nifty software called TVersity that runs on a PC and acts as a media server for lots of devices, 360 and Ps3 included, so you don't need to wait for XBMC .. worth a look anyway, I haven't tried it with a PS3 yet though.

Thanks for the TVersity Andrew. I just read the FAQ and it sounds really interesting. I'm downloading it now for a testdrive. To bad it doesn't come for linux yet.

Not time for PS3 or Xbox360 yet though.

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 8 2007, 03:06 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Nov 7 2007, 07:47 PM) *
Thanks for the TVersity Andrew. I just read the FAQ and it sounds really interesting. I'm downloading it now for a testdrive. To bad it doesn't come for linux yet.

Not time for PS3 or Xbox360 yet though.

Yeah if it ran on linux that would be a killer app - MythTV is a linux alterntive - good but very fiddly to install. I had it running with an XBox frontend. It was pretty good as a media viewer but not quite so good as a PVR, mainly because the set top box intergration sucked.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 8 2007, 03:22 AM
360 all the way, better graphics, cheaper, x box live, etc...

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 8 2007, 03:25 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 8 2007, 03:06 AM) *
Yeah if it ran on linux that would be a killer app - MythTV is a linux alterntive - good but very fiddly to install. I had it running with an XBox frontend. It was pretty good as a media viewer but not quite so good as a PVR, mainly because the set top box intergration sucked.

True, I looked at MythTV and it looks impressive but I gave it up because of all the fiddling. And there was alot to fiddle with. For running 24 hour services I'd prefer linux apps since I already have some linux servers doing just that. They are great for "set it and leave it" stuff and they are shoved away in my garage so I'm not bothered by the noise. And they heat up the garage a bit biggrin.gif

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:27 AM