Pod X3/line 6 Amp
radcliffe
Jan 8 2008, 05:01 AM
GMC:er
Hi GMC!

I was wondering about the PodX3. Does anyone know, since they are made by the same company obviously...do there Line 6 amps have the same digital output for recording sound? huh.gif I don't want to get a PodX3 if I can make a tone I like with my amp and just digitally export to a recording program straight from the amp. laugh.gif Is this possible? Or is there something special with the setup for the Pod devices?

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Chris Radcliffe
Santa Monica, California
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
xucphra
Jan 8 2008, 05:11 AM
Well, I'll tell you this:

With a PodX3 Live, you have a direct output to your computer through USB which gives a much MUCH clearer output and more possibilities for tone/effects. With amps, recording isn't the best idea, seeing as you would have to buy an adapter to plug into your computer and use it as a microphone. This, in turn, probably won't sound great, unless you buy yourself an amazing sound card. I would suggest going with a Pod X3 and a cheap amp because you can always run the output through the PodX3 and to the amp from there. =]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Jan 8 2008, 07:50 AM
The Line-6 Amps got world-class POD® 2.0 direct tone out, used in pro studios and stages everywhere!
So if you got a Soundcard you will be abel to record directly from the Line-6 Amps.

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
radcliffe
Jan 10 2008, 04:18 AM
Thanks Guys!

That pretty much answers my questions! I'll have to try out the PODs for recording!
How do you guys record? Whats your setup?

--------------------
Chris Radcliffe
Santa Monica, California

+Quote Post
JWBauer
Jan 10 2008, 04:37 AM
I have a Line 6 amp and it has a headphone/record out on it. This can be plugged directly into my interface throught the line in jack. I prefer to mic the amp though because I like the presence that I get from the room ambience. I know tha tyou can get modelers for room acoustics as well but when you are ona budget you need to try and do what works well and sounds good to you.

--------------------
Ibanez AS73-TCR, Esteban American Legacy Starlight Limited Edition,
Esteban Granada Classical, Esteban Midnight Steel Limited Edition
Line 6 Spider III 15w

Buy AS73 at Musiciansfriend.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:55 AM