Problem Playing At Slow Tempo
anders3604
Aug 15 2009, 08:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello!

I´ve noticed something about my playing.

For example, I´m practising "A little bit of everything" by Trond Vold and can play the main riffs at 150-160 bmp.
But when I slow i down to 80,90 bpm I´m having trouble to play it clean.
My hands doesn´t feel the same way like the higher tempo.

This goes for almost everything.

My guess is that if I can´t play it at a slow tempo I´m doing somethingvery wrong.

Does anyone have a explanation for this?

Best regards
Anders
Sweden

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 15 2009, 08:07 PM
Instructor
That's normal. It happens to me all the time. Some solos are designed to sound good in faster tempo and you're feeling more comroftable with it. Slowing down too much can sometimes be more difficult but that's ok if you can play in real speed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 15 2009, 08:13 PM
Instructor
I agree with Emir here. It is perfectly normal to feel that way. I recommend increasing tempo by 8 or 10bpm, it should feel more comfortable that way wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
anders3604
Aug 15 2009, 08:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 15 2009, 09:07 PM) *
That's normal. It happens to me all the time. Some solos are designed to sound good in faster tempo and you're feeling more comroftable with it. Slowing down too much can sometimes be more difficult but that's ok if you can play in real speed.

Ok, thats a comfort smile.gif

I just thought that it´s always good to be able to play things slow to avoid tension but maybe thats relative.
What slow means in that riff.

Thank you for answering.

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Aug 15 2009, 08:29 PM
Instructor
This is really a big problem of everyone but if you practice it a lot everything is playable. Don't worry about this ,as Emir said sometimes it happens also with us.

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
anders3604
Aug 15 2009, 08:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you guys! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2009, 04:19 PM
Instructor
As everybody said, it's a normal thing. Just keep rocking, it will be OK. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:39 AM