2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hello Gmc!
Mackietao
Nov 7 2007, 12:08 AM
GMC:er
Hi everybody!

I`m a 24 year old shredder-wannabe from Sweden! I just joined GMC after looking at the free videos a day or two smile.gif

I started playing guitar at age 15 just riffing some at home. Then I went on to music-gymnasium because I thought it was so fun playing the guitar. As a real beginner just barely made it in on my grades I envolved my guitar playing A LOT over 1.5 years. But then I got injured in my right arm and never got better.
Grades droped, my whole life droped when I couldn´t play :/ (Some other sad stuff happening too with family) so I just become worse at playing and haven´t really played since. I made a couple of tries but my injury just made me slow, warm and hurting. So basicly I haven´t played that long even though I started at age 15.

My arm has become better the last 2 years due to some weightliftning, active-rest sort of job. Never got any better by seeing the doctor. It´s not really good yet but I´ve played for a couple of days now and it goes pretty well. I just make sure to not play that long sessions and continue training my whole body and hands.

Funny story, I walked in to the local music store a week ago and saw a beautiful guitar. A Hagströms!
So with just playing some chordsongs on acoustic for the last year I decided to try again and bought it right away. And a little cute cheap Roland cube amp which btw sounds really awsome for it´s size.

Feels like I improved like crazy last couple of days soloing away with a lot of reverb. laugh.gif
I just hope it works out with my injury. Last time music was my life so it all fell apart. This time it´s not my life but with luck it might just be! Peace out rockers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mackietao: Nov 7 2007, 12:11 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 7 2007, 12:09 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Welcome and good luck, you`ve just joined a great comunity and excellent resource for your learning needs smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 7 2007, 12:10 AM
Welcome smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maximus
Nov 7 2007, 12:19 AM
Welcome. You will be very happy with your decision to join.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 7 2007, 12:45 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC,hope you're gonna find lots of helpful things here!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 7 2007, 12:46 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome - glad to hear you found your way back to music smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 7 2007, 01:46 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Welcome.
Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 7 2007, 04:45 AM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome friend. Please ask if you need any help !!! smile.gif

Matty

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 7 2007, 05:02 AM
Hello to you! I also just joined GMC as well - was a lurker for a bit then decided to take the plunge.

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Nov 7 2007, 05:32 AM
Welcome to GMC. Glad to hear that you're overcoming your medical problems. Keep believing and you'll make it as a musician.

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
kahall
Nov 7 2007, 11:22 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome, have fun, and breath.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 7 2007, 11:25 AM
Welcome to GMC

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 7 2007, 11:40 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (kahall @ Nov 7 2007, 05:22 AM) *
Welcome, have fun, and breath.

Heh, I thought you'd forgotten about that smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kahall
Nov 7 2007, 01:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 7 2007, 04:40 AM) *
Heh, I thought you'd forgotten about that smile.gif

No, I have not forgotten. I have been too busy trying to learn how to play the guitar. ;-)

But it is necessary to remind people and myself that you must breath.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 7 2007, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Hi !!! Welcome to GMC, don't forgot to put some delay effect with your Reverb, hehehe it really helps you wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 7 2007, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Welcome man! Hope you'll enjoy spending your time here! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ben N
Nov 7 2007, 04:27 PM
Instructor
wellcome smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 9 2007, 01:46 AM
Instructor
Welcome Mackietao smile.gif Enjoy your stay here at GMC

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Nov 11 2007, 10:22 PM
Thx all form a warm welcome =)

QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Nov 7 2007, 03:45 PM) *
Hi !!! Welcome to GMC, don't forgot to put some delay effect with your Reverb, hehehe it really helps you wink.gif

haha! But my amp can only have reverb OR delay so I chose reverb for mad bending with my eyes closed... tongue.gif (sounds like something for the guitar fantasies topic)...
I was checking some guitar-effect stuff at the store but I didn´t find anything I was hooked on..
Might just buy a R95 wah wah for starters. Easy to forget that it´s not the effect things that matters..: But they sure are fun smile.gif Think I´ll go practise some now, haven´t played for 2 days.

+Quote Post
visi0n
Nov 11 2007, 10:31 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Welcome, enjoy your stay here at GMC smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:34 PM