It's Been A While.., ..but I still lurk in the shadows :)
audiopaal
Feb 13 2013, 11:25 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Hey everyone smile.gif

I'ts been a while since I've been active around here, although I frequent the forums reading posts I find interesting.
Many things have happened since I spent all my days here. Guitars have come and gone, I've spent some time in a studio recording/mixing a Black Metal band (Incipit) which will release their EP this summer. 43 audio tracks per song, so mixing will take some time biggrin.gif

My Nik Hubers and Tom Anderson guitars are gone, as well as a few others.
I'm currently the proud owner of a Gibson Custom Shop ES-137, Gibson GOW #33 Les Paul Classic Antique, and a Martin Custom Shop 00-15M (with upgrades). These will be be my workhorses for a long time, great guitars for any use.
I'm also in the middle of restoring my old Fender Partcaster, which is in serious need of attention, hehe..
More on that later..

My amps are all gone as well *poof*, except for my Hall Amplification Little Devil.
That's one great studioamp, holy moses.. If you ever get the chance to try one out, do it smile.gif
As for pedals, I've rid myself of most of them as well, only keeping a few favorites.
Less knobs, more playing!

When I'm done mixing the Incipit EP, I'll begin recordng my own stuff again.
I have quite a few songs ready, but I need some lyrics on most of them, so hopefully I can begin recording this summer.
Everything from Pop to Heavy Metal, so I'll need to freshen up my skills.
I haven't stopped playing at all, but the last months have been more serious than I've ever been so that's good smile.gif

So... how is everyone?
Everybody's been practicing their heart out, making me look like like an idiot when I post something here again? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Feb 13 2013, 11:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2013, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Paal!! Welcome back my friend! smile.gif
I'm so glad of reading all these great news about you! Recording an EP which all that hard work (lots of channels) it's an unique experience! I can't wait to hear that stuff. Also if you have some comments about the recording process please share it! biggrin.gif The new guitars are top level, everything that a PRO guitarist needs, so it's been a great change!
If you explored the forum and the site in general you surely noticed that GMC keeps on growing and getting awesome! We have been working hard here, there are also lots of great things coming. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 13 2013, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
Hey Paal!!!
Good to hear from you mate!! Sounds like you've been keeping yourself pretty busy. Look forward to hearing some samples of the final mixes and your stuff as well!
Hope you are well my friend!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2013, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Welcome back! It's time well spent so don't worry wink.gif we're here and waiting for you whenever you wish to get back and spend more time in the forum!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 14 2013, 10:11 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Nice to see you back Paal and good luck with the EP and mixing.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 14 2013, 07:23 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 13 2013, 02:30 PM) *
Hi Paal!! Welcome back my friend! smile.gif
I'm so glad of reading all these great news about you! Recording an EP which all that hard work (lots of channels) it's an unique experience! I can't wait to hear that stuff. Also if you have some comments about the recording process please share it! biggrin.gif The new guitars are top level, everything that a PRO guitarist needs, so it's been a great change!
If you explored the forum and the site in general you surely noticed that GMC keeps on growing and getting awesome! We have been working hard here, there are also lots of great things coming. smile.gif

Hi Gabe, long time no see smile.gif
You need to update me on Cirse, I need to spend some money on you guys again (and girl), hehe..
Yeah, It's a great experience. We recorded it in the rehearsal room though, so it's not a perfect starting point, but it's more than good enough for an EP. I brought all my equipment down there, we soundproofed both the recording and controlroom and got down to business biggrin.gif I'll post some clips here later smile.gif
I'm really happy with the guitars, just awesome. I'm setting them up myself as well now, so I've learned to intonate, adjust etc.
It takes time, but it's worth it smile.gif

Yes, I've seen the forum expand and getting more and more people. That's great, I can't wait to see what's in store for this place.

How about you Gabe, everything's going good? smile.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 13 2013, 06:33 PM) *
Hey Paal!!!
Good to hear from you mate!! Sounds like you've been keeping yourself pretty busy. Look forward to hearing some samples of the final mixes and your stuff as well!
Hope you are well my friend!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Jones biggrin.gif
Thanks, good to hear from you to mate smile.gif I have, and it's been quite fun as well smile.gif
I'll post some samples here later on in the process, I'll let you know!
How are you? Everything good? smile.gif

Hope all is well with you too smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 14 2013, 08:50 AM) *
Hey man! Welcome back! It's time well spent so don't worry wink.gif we're here and waiting for you whenever you wish to get back and spend more time in the forum!

Thanks mate smile.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 14 2013, 10:11 AM) *
Nice to see you back Paal and good luck with the EP and mixing.

Thanks a lot Tony smile.gif
I might ask for a few tips later on if you don't mind.

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Feb 14 2013, 07:23 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:23 PM