> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Avalius's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2016, 01:52 AM
Instructor
hehehe that sounds very good! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Avalius
Nov 29 2016, 06:10 PM
GMC:er
Hey,

I've been lazy and slacking with my last lesson. I've been busy with my bass and my guitar but not with what I needed to do.
So here I am with the lesson, better late than never!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Avalius: Nov 29 2016, 06:11 PM

--------------------
"Where words fail, music speaks!"

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2016, 02:25 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, that's ok if you keep on playing! This take obviously needs some polishing. The higher notes don't sound clear (00:07) and even the main riff could sound cleaner and tighter (00:04). The riff starting at 00:25 has some differences too, so please re-check it.

I think that with some little adjustment and working the the specific issues, you'll be able to master this one soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Avalius
Nov 30 2016, 08:55 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 30 2016, 01:25 PM) *
Hi mate, that's ok if you keep on playing! This take obviously needs some polishing. The higher notes don't sound clear (00:07) and even the main riff could sound cleaner and tighter (00:04). The riff starting at 00:25 has some differences too, so please re-check it.

I think that with some little adjustment and working the the specific issues, you'll be able to master this one soon.

Indeed the riff at 0.25 is bad, my bad should have listened before I quickly recorded it. Figured out why my high note (6 to 8) slide sounded that bad, I used ring finger (4th) instead of 3th. Bad way of doing it, muting more than I want like this.

I'm getting a line 6 pod live xt tommorow, I hope that helps with my tone. Since that's the best I get out of guitar rig lol

This post has been edited by Avalius: Dec 2 2016, 10:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2016, 01:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Avalius @ Nov 30 2016, 04:55 PM) *
Indeed the riff at 0.25 is bad, my bad should have listened before I quickly recorded it. Figured out why my high note (6 to 8) slide sounded that bad, I used ring finger (4th) instead of 3th. Bad way of doing it, muting more than I want like this.

I'm getting a line 6 pod live xt tommorow, I hope that helps with my tone. Since that's the best I get out of guitar rig lol

Nice! That's a cool device! I think that you'll be able to create good tones, but it takes some time to learn how to do it. Check out Line 6 site, I think that there are some user patches there to be downloaded and used as a starting point.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Avalius
Dec 23 2016, 09:20 PM
Hey Gabriel,

A little update, still practicing the muse lesson in between other stuff. Managed to play the first two minutes of the trooper sloppy but atleast it's progress for me! And working on the intro solo from fade to black since I was thinking that would help my hand coordination on the fretboard.

I'll post a vid soon of the muse lesson, in the meanwhile do you have the next lesson for me? So I can start learning the parts aswell? (I'm not skipping that muse lesson, next vid will be a rec and I'll try to pass before I dump the lesson tongue.gif)

And:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2016, 10:32 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, how have you been?

Do you have a new take for the Muse lesson?

At this point you've worked on Muse Goes Stoner lesson and Metallica for beginners. It's time to add some new stuff. I think that it's a good idea to combine rhythm with some soloing, in order to also incorporate improvisation into your practice.

For rhythm, this lesson is a good idea:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Staccato-Power-Chords/

For soloing this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Soloing-1/

The idea for the solo section would be to also include some improvisation over the backing track using the concepts from the lesson. So you can divide your solo practice into two: lesson + improvisation.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Avalius
Apr 13 2020, 08:48 PM
Hey Gabriel, I vanished and left the guitar somewhere in the room while I vanished. Sorry for that! Are you still teaching? Looking to pick it up again with this lockdown going on. Hope you're still safe and everyone around you. Hope to hear from you and take care! ;-)

Greetz

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2020, 05:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Avalius @ Apr 13 2020, 04:48 PM) *
Hey Gabriel, I vanished and left the guitar somewhere in the room while I vanished. Sorry for that! Are you still teaching? Looking to pick it up again with this lockdown going on. Hope you're still safe and everyone around you. Hope to hear from you and take care! ;-)

Greetz

Hi I'm here! What's your plan?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Avalius
Apr 17 2020, 09:28 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 16 2020, 04:00 PM) *
Hi I'm here! What's your plan?

I've just resubbed here and I'll pick up where I left off with the two lessons you left. The staccato one and the solo one.
Once those are done we'll work from there. :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2020, 04:28 PM
Instructor
GREAT! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Avalius
Apr 30 2020, 11:29 AM
Working on the lessons, starting with the staccato lesson. The pattern and tabs are easy. The downstrokes are easy just the upstroke staccato doesn't sound good enough yet. Not going to record it before it's decent. Just a quick update :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 1 2020, 11:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Avalius! Nice to hear from you! Thanks for the update. Keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:05 PM