> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Metal Power Chords, Lesson by Lian
GRADE
Metal Power Chords
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

Ninjastorm
Jul 17 2011, 05:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi, my second Rec

original lesson: Metal Power Chords

I used:
- Ibanez RG2550Z GK
- Digitech RP1000
- Digitech Grunge
- DAW: Cubase le4
- MS Movie maker
- Ernie Ball 3121

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 25 2011, 09:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 18 2011, 10:06 AM
Instructor
Nicely played, it sounds good. What I recommend is working a bit more on timing, you seem to rush the strums a bit. Also, the fretting hand is a bit stiff when you try to change the powerchords so fast. It seems you are really trying to change them fast, and this is why timing suffers just a tiny bit. I understand that keeping the sustain and cutting the pauses between them is equally important, but try to find a nice balance between that and the relaxed motion of the hand, it will pay out.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 18 2011, 10:59 AM
Instructor
Great take.. very tight ! smile.gif

Ivan is right, definitely about your picking hand. You are playing in time anyway so no need to rush your strumming action.. look at how Lian does it in his video. Also, because the strumming is minimal you have enough time to ensure that all strokes you play are downstrokes. Although there's nothing wrong wth playing upstrokes.. if you get into this habit of playing occasional upstrokes on slow rhythms then it might confuse you. Downstrokes will give you a much harder, forceful sound so try to forge the habit of downstrokes for this type of song. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2011, 12:28 PM
Instructor
Very tight indeed! I don't think there's anything else to add aside from what the guys said above smile.gif Cheerios!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 18 2011, 06:43 PM
Instructor
very good! and spot on comments!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2011, 07:23 AM
Instructor
Congrats on your 2nd take! biggrin.gif As the previous instructors said.. it a very good take with some timing issues to fix.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 19 2011, 03:54 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.6, nice job!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 AM