46 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
What You're Listening Now
Sensible Jones
Jul 13 2020, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 5 2020, 11:24 PM) *
This guy sorta reminds me of Guthrie but also has bits of just about everything thrown in. His mastering of the instrument in terms of sheer variety of what he is playing is impressive. He blends melody with staggering technical prowess. He's evidently a student of Ibanez Endorsee Tom Quayle. Forgive me if this one has been shared before. Whaddya think?

He has some great lesson Vids up on YT too!!!

Mondays W/Shop listening:-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 20 2020, 01:26 PM
Learning Roadie
My youtube algorithm suggested this for me ... i like them

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 29 2020, 03:47 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2020, 07:13 PM
Killer Judas Priest tune from FIREPOWER played by polish metal gal ADA. She just freaking RAWKS imho.

And PALADIN from my old home state of Georgia with one guy wearing a PSYCHOTIC WALTZ tshirt. smile.gif

If you never heard of THE BIRTHDAY MASSACRE, you are missing out imho. They are sorta emo, but heavy. Love this band.

And finally, the song that started it all for an entire generation of players. "BLEED" by Meshuggah. After this, everyone started doing the triplets synched to the double bass drum. Here is the amazing Sarah Longfield doing her cover of this classic tune.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 13 2020, 11:40 PM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 15 2020, 11:16 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 15 2020, 11:26 PM
Speaking of VISUAL KEI ( Japanese Glam Rock, essentially) here is a re edit of a classic X JAPAN (the forefathers of Visual Kei) doing WEEKEND. Keep in mind this original video is older than most of our members.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 15 2020, 06:16 PM) *

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 25 2020, 02:20 AM

This dude though.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 2 2020, 01:19 AM
As a bit of a Metal Head I may have not given Billie Eilish a chance. I admit now I was dead wrong. She is Metal AF. Just in a different way. I really dig this tune and vid. It's like a little horror movie. I think I"m going to add guitars to this just for fun.

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 11 2020, 08:03 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2020, 03:14 AM
This guy subscribed to my channel or I would have never heard this. I'm glad I took time to check it out. He's a bass player and he's a freaking MONSTER. whaddya think?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2020, 07:55 PM
Instructor
It's inspiring to see how this guy can be great at many things: Production, Composition, Mixing, Playing Bass (Periphery) and Guitar.

On a side note, I've tried this plug in as well as Cali and Plini by Neural DSP, and I'm impressed. I feel that these could really replace my Fractal.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 12 2020, 07:56 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2020, 09:15 AM
The NEURAL DSP plugins are pretty darn amazing imho. They are easy to use, and sound great. They are built to feel like an amp and a few pedals and they are not much more complex than that so if one can sort a few knobs, bam great tone!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 12 2020, 02:55 PM) *
It's inspiring to see how this guy can be great at many things: Production, Composition, Mixing, Playing Bass (Periphery) and Guitar.

On a side note, I've tried this plug in as well as Cali and Plini by Neural DSP, and I'm impressed. I feel that these could really replace my Fractal.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2020, 08:33 AM
New MASTADON!!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2020, 02:38 PM
Instructor
Your neighbors!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 20 2020, 12:17 AM
Anyone heard of SNARKY PUPPY? It's Jazzy and quite spiff. A buddy from Brazil turned me on to them. They are evidently from Florida smile.gif

ZOOM JAM Baroness/Marty Friedman doing an old Fleetwood Mac cover.

Another killer home jam with Mike Portney and a killer young singer named DINO from Brazil. I really dig these spiffed up covers of old pop songs.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 23 2020, 11:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2020, 02:20 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 2 2020, 02:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2020, 07:40 PM
Instructor
Our work at Posterboy's mentoring thread made me re-check some emo bands...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 4 2020, 12:03 AM
Trump sings PEACE SELLS by Megadeth. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2020, 08:09 AM
Check the pipes on this gal!!!! Wow. Gotta say she kills it on this cover of an old Heart song.

+Quote Post

46 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:35 PM