> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Solo in D, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Victor Simion
Dec 4 2020, 09:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Beginner Solo in D by Muris Varajic

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2020, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Victor!

This lesson is great because it combines many techniques in a beginner friendly solo. This doesn't mean that it's easy, but it's a great exercise to identify the elements that need practice and attention in order to take your playing to the next level.

There are not problematic areas in your technique, but many of them have room to improvements. Let me give you some specific comments:

- Vibrato: Sometimes your vibrato technique is not consistent enough and your playing and phrasing lacks some sustain. Some notes are muted too early, so giving some attention to articulation is also recommended. (notes durations and how you connect phrases). Remember to focus the movement from your wrist.

- Bending: Your bending tends to be good, but there are some of them (for example at 00:17) that don't reach the right pitch.

- Timing: Sometimes you rush a bit the tempo, mostly when you play the faster licks (at 00:16, at 00:25), or when you use slides (00:08). Other times it's just note precise. I always recommend to try to move our head and body with the groove while playing to feel the rhythm and connect more with it.

- Sweep Picking: I assume that this is a relatively new technique for you. The lick doesn't sound smooth but it's close. Work on some SW GMC workouts.

- The tapping could sound cleaner and more precise.

Ok mate, as you can see, these are details but working on them will polish your overall playing. Let me know if you have any question about my feedback.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 7 2020, 02:37 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 6 2020, 10:26 PM
GMC Founder
Nice take!

The #1 thing to prioritise here is vibrato. If you can get a more smooth sounding vibrato the entire take will be elevated.

More specifically I would like to see a gradual build-up of vibrato intensity.

Also, you don't really let the vibrato/notes ring out. The interruption happens as soon as you start thinking about the next lick. The more comfortable you are with the vibrato movement, and the better you know the lesson - the easier it will be to keep the vibrato going as long as the note should be ringing.

You delivered a solid and consistent take considering your level here - keep up the great work you get a 6 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 16 2020, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Hey there Victor!

After listening to your performance I think you got the main draft but you need to work on some details.

Probably the biggest issue is the pitch. We can experience it as tuning problems and bend intonation problems. I have a feel that one of strings hass fallen with it's pitch after first bend. Make suhre to stretch string while tuning and never leave a "down" tuning peg move as a final one. Always try to tune the way that tension up would be the last move of tuning peg. You can get some advices in the 20 beginner tips lesson.

As for beding, you use to bend a little too low, but maybe you were affected but the intonation of other notes from detuned string...

Another general issue is you timing - you often tend to start to early - not all the time but for example section from 0:14 and 0:25

These two thing affect your take mostly. I think you should priorize to fix them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 10 2021, 04:59 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:30 PM