No way! This is not any close to Hetfield style! [ 1 ] ** [7.14%]
Intro part is fine, but distorted part needs work. [ 6 ] ** [42.86%]
Distorted part is fine, but clean part needs work. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Gus
Jun 23 2008, 06:52 PM
GMC:er
Hi, I am deciding what to put on my next student instructor lesson. It gives a lot of work to put up a lesson together, so I decided to receive some feedback even before starting it.

The idea is to make two rhythm guitar lessons based on a song I've been working on. It has a strong influence of James Hetfield, Metallica. I can see there are lots of Metallica fans in GMC but there are no Metallica rhythm guitar classes. So what you think about these: Should I make a lesson of them?
Attached File  Gus_hetfieldClean.mp3 ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 423
Attached File  Gus_hetfieldDistorted.mp3 ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 402

If you think some part need extra work I would also appreciate a written feedback on what should be improved: the harmonization/melody itself, tone, execution...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Jun 23 2008, 07:31 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jun 23 2008, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 23 2008, 07:52 PM) *
Hi, I am deciding what to put on my next student instructor lesson. It gives a lot of work to put up a lesson together, so I decided to receive some feedback even before starting it.

The idea is to make two rhythm guitar lessons based on a song I've been working on. It has a strong influence of James Hetfield, Metallica. I can see there are lots of Metallica fans in GMC but there are no Metallica rhythm guitar classes. So what you think about these: Should I make a lesson of them?
Attached File  Gus_hetfieldClean.mp3 ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 423
Attached File  Gus_hetfieldDistorted.mp3 ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 402

If you think some part need extra work I would also appreciate a written feedback on what should be improved: the harmony/melody itself, tone, execution...

The acoustic part is very great....Very Hetfield like....Maybe you could add some more strumming chords to the fingerpicking like in "Mama Said"....The distortion part is also great but I think the tone is not yet 100% Metallica like..close though...but I am not an expertise on that I can't tell you what to improve (Actually, I should not criticize if I can' t do it any better tongue.gif )...and maybe you could add some more palm muting riffs in it....but I really think you nailed his style already ....Compliment!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jun 23 2008, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 23 2008, 07:54 PM
Singing Instructor
I like the bout parts,lesson would be cool.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 23 2008, 11:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You should do on both parts and refine them and than make a lessons wink.gif Good work mate..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 24 2008, 12:44 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
What's up Gus, I think the clean is pretty dang close. The distorted take, IMO of course could use a little more bass and hard downstokes. Both were good, just my opinion. What you need to do is go and win the Enter Sandman competition and then do a lesson on how you did it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 24 2008, 01:34 AM
Instructor
Hey!! That's great!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 24 2008, 11:34 AM
Instructor
Both parts are cool man, little ruff on the edges, but it's the lesson quality what counts. Try to approach the lessons from a students perspective first and anticipate their needs. Final result can be better then.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 26 2008, 02:52 PM
Thank you all for the feedbacks. wink.gif That's exactly what I needed.

I will work first on making the clean part lesson then. Based on the pool and feedbacks I conclude that it is more close to be useful. I will make an effort to record this weekend, so it should be available in a couple of weeks, after proper edition.

I will rework on the distorted part, probably incorporating some elements of thrash metal. So far, I did it more of a slow base, as some songs in black album. Anyway, this distorted part will give me a lot of work to make a decent (really Metallica sounding) backing track... So it will take a couple of months to be ready.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:49 AM