2 Pages V   1 2 >  
First Song After I Lost Everything
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2010, 07:00 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
A week or so ago, Computer got a virus and I lost all my music, every reaper project, every song up to 5 years ago. So I was kind of down and out about playing guitar, Until about 6 hours ago.

I was reading up on the biographies of Yuri Gagarin and Valentina Tereshkova (First man in space, First woman in space), and was watching some Carl Sagan and Isaac Asimov interviews, and just got inspired to do something. Musically, the song is just what I thought of when Yuri and Valentina would of experienced heading into space - as a result - the beginning of the song is very frantic, odd timing and placement of accents, and the craziest drum track I've ever made. It's basically supposed to be the excitement of the shuttle in flight. After that, the song slows down a bit, and is supposed to be the awe of seeing space for the first time.

AND THEN...

On top of all that, I used audio from various speeches given by my favorites leaders of science and such. There is Carl Sagan, Isaav Asimov, JFK, and Buzz Aldrin, to make it more interesting as an instrumental track.

Lastly, the begging audio clip (which is Russian), is the very first words from space - Basically its a Russian TV announcer saying we are transmitting the first audio from space (generally I think), and the last fuzzy bitnear the end is Yuri Gagarin saying something along the lines of "We are launching" or "We are going" if my history serves me correct.

Hope you enjoy it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  The_Cosmonaut_s_Mind__MP3_.mp3 ( 11.77MB ) Number of downloads: 350

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 24 2010, 08:10 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That was awesome dude, I really enjoyed it. Carl Sagan is one of my favorites smile.gif So what did you use to program the drums?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 24 2010, 08:20 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
You lost everything?? Dang, that's awful..
I've lost everything a few times as well before, and decided to get a Mac and a Backup disc laugh.gif

Very nice, thanks for sharing!!

You still use Steven Slate Drums for the drums, right?

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 24 2010, 08:39 AM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
That's a really good song. I've listened to it twice and really like it. Congrats.
Sound is good. And I love the way the voices are.

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Aug 24 2010, 09:56 AM
Flamenco Instructor
Great theme and drums sounds awesome!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 24 2010, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Really liked the riffing in this one....

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 24 2010, 11:03 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Songs sounds great man! I really like part with speech smile.gif
Don't be down, many musicians had the same problem (loosing projects)...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 24 2010, 11:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
Great song. I very like thoose voices, they add something epic.

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 24 2010, 06:00 AM) *
Lastly, the begging audio clip (which is Russian), is the very first words from space - Basically its a Russian TV announcer saying we are transmitting the first audio from space (generally I think), and the last fuzzy bitnear the end is Yuri Gagarin saying something along the lines of "We are launching" or "We are going" if my history serves me correct.

That wasn't TV announcement, that was the radio. Here is the exact translation:
Announcer:
"Moscow is speaking! We are transmitting the TASS message about the world's first manned flight into outer space!

Gagarin:
"Let's go!"

This post has been edited by K1R: Aug 24 2010, 11:25 AM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 24 2010, 01:02 PM
Jazz Instructor
Good idea to put these speeches in song, it reminds me of "The glorious dawn", I am sure you heard it.

+Quote Post
OzRob
Aug 24 2010, 01:23 PM
GMC:er
Hey Unc,

Very cool. Great tight playing as always. I really like the way you've worked around the speech clips.

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 24 2010, 01:24 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 24 2010, 10:03 AM) *
Don't be down, many musicians had the same problem (loosing projects)...

Correct. What I tend to do is save/archive to multiple hard drives and also burn a couple of copies to CDR and CDA. Hopefully that way I'm less likely to lose critical data. We occasionally get requests to remaster stuff we did ages ago and so need good archiving. Still not perfect given that all digital data has archiving issues. I think the current belief is that CDA may be as little as 7-10 years and DVD about 15-20. If so scary as all/most of the cds you have will be unplayable after about a decade. We are already coming across some oldish CDAs that show signs of 'rust' and corrupt data.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Aug 24 2010, 02:51 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
It sound really good, it's a great composition! About the lost data, did you try to recover it with a data recoverer? Anything that is deleted from your PC can be restored with a good data recoverer.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2010, 02:59 PM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 24 2010, 03:10 AM) *
That was awesome dude, I really enjoyed it. Carl Sagan is one of my favorites smile.gif So what did you use to program the drums?

Just like Audipaal said, Steven Slate Drums. I also had to re-do another custom kit but I think I ended up with a better one. And yest Carl Sagan is amazing, an absolutely phenomenal speaker.

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 24 2010, 03:20 AM) *
You lost everything?? Dang, that's awful..
I've lost everything a few times as well before, and decided to get a Mac and a Backup disc laugh.gif

Very nice, thanks for sharing!!

You still use Steven Slate Drums for the drums, right?

You bet smile.gif

QUOTE (K1R @ Aug 24 2010, 06:16 AM) *
Great song. I very like thoose voices, they add something epic.

That wasn't TV announcement, that was the radio. Here is the exact translation:
Announcer:
"Moscow is speaking! We are transmitting the TASS message about the world's first manned flight into outer space!

Gagarin:
"Let's go!"

Yes, Radio is what I meant (Should of known that tongue.gif), And thank you for the translation! smile.gif

Thanks to everyone who commented - It means a lot! I actually had an external hard drive that I backed up. But foolish me I left it plugged in and I seem to have lost a good portion of it as well. I haven't formatted that drive because I think I can recover something.

EDIT

Oh on a sidenote, I did find some old flash drives with demos on them. So I have those. And on the flipside, I have tons of free space on my hard drive! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 24 2010, 04:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
You write a song in 6 hours? I write it in 6 months tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2010, 04:12 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 24 2010, 11:03 AM) *
You write a song in 6 hours? I write it in 6 months tongue.gif

Spur of the moment thing laugh.gif

Usually I will spend 3 days or so writing/ recording the song, depending on the length.

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Aug 24 2010, 06:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice song man !!!

I love the speech parts and the rythm troughout the song..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 24 2010, 07:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
What, awesome song and great riffing! And the drum track is just fantastic. It really inspires me to record something myself again, instead of only playing riffs, thinking "wow, sounds cool" but then being too lazy to record it and program a drum track... laugh.gif
Sorry about your loss...does it mean all the songs from your great album are lost as well?

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2010, 10:07 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 24 2010, 02:09 PM) *
What, awesome song and great riffing! And the drum track is just fantastic. It really inspires me to record something myself again, instead of only playing riffs, thinking "wow, sounds cool" but then being too lazy to record it and program a drum track... laugh.gif
Sorry about your loss...does it mean all the songs from your great album are lost as well?

I can recover all the actual sound files, Seeing as Ive uploaded them here and what not. But I lost all the demos I have of ideas, and all my in progress reaper projects, which is where the real damage is done.

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Aug 24 2010, 11:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 24 2010, 05:24 AM) *
Correct. What I tend to do is save/archive to multiple hard drives and also burn a couple of copies to CDR and CDA. Hopefully that way I'm less likely to lose critical data. We occasionally get requests to remaster stuff we did ages ago and so need good archiving. Still not perfect given that all digital data has archiving issues. I think the current belief is that CDA may be as little as 7-10 years and DVD about 15-20. If so scary as all/most of the cds you have will be unplayable after about a decade. We are already coming across some oldish CDAs that show signs of 'rust' and corrupt data.

Nasa has the same issues - not so much corrupt data, but the technology for reading that data proceeded without the media! You need to update the media as well as the media read/write technology or else you'll be left holding an 8-track without a player!

smile.gif

I love the tone! great rythm too. very fun to listen to!
Great Job
Christian A.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 26 2010, 04:48 PM
Instructor
lveo the sound of the drums indeed!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:57 PM